Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Your other half's fave song on ABB? And other ramblings. Very loooong ramblings.
Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: September 24, 2005 22:55

Well assuming he or she is still with you because you bored them almost to the point of running a hot bath that's coupled with a razor blade....what's her or his favourite song on the album?

And assuming my latest little (well big!) post doesn't get closed or removed (only kidding BV), is there a particular number on ABB that they love or hum to....say "I like this one" or "you can park your chub next to me while this is playing later"....or they bop about to......or can't think of the answer to an easy question while playing Trivial Pursuit because they're head's elsewhere listening to the masterwork of "Laugh, I nearly died"?

My wife's numero uno is "It won't take long" which I admit surprised me.
Don't ask why cos I don't know.

Anyways, for a boring little story feel free to read on....otherwise dispense of your pending boredom by doing something else.

I'm not a huge sports fan but as an Australian lad, I love Cricket (Baseball on Valium) and Australian Rules football.

Well, we the Aussies recently lost the Ashes series (most important to both the Empire and us convicts lot), and I admit I was heartbroken.
England fully deserved to win and all power to them.
They were outstanding at putting themselves under pressure for no reason and then prevailing as the victors with a stiff upper lip and showing up Australia for being caught off guard and underestimating their opponent. And in short - being outplayed.

While still in therapy for that, my footy (football) team in the national league lost the Grand Final today to Sydney by four points, which to put into context (for those that like girls), is akin to being as close to having sex with Angelina Jolie, and then, just at the point of entry, you hear Brad pull up into the driveway and have to surreptitiously leave the mansion via the bathroom window with a woody in all its glory - and in full swing.

So, to sooth my aching heart I listened to "Just my imagination", "You better move on", "Back street girl", "Out of tears", "Coming down again", "Zip mouth angel" and "She smiled sweetly".

It's actually pretty good for a Stones freak when one's better half knows you're a little flat really - cos you can listen to as much of the Stones as you want without hearing "Sweetie I love the Stones too (and I'm thinken "Well if you did you wouldn't finish this sentence with....") but can we listen to something else now?"

In other words, so close yet so far.

Well sorry to crap on for so long. It's 4am, just home from a party and I'm on Canadian Club feeling very sorry for myself. :0(

But tell me this; if Goofy is a dog, what is Pluto?

ps - On a serious note - thoughts are with Rita victims.
The price of oil is not important.
Life is.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Re: Your other half's fave song on ABB? And other ramblings. Very loooong ramblings.
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 24, 2005 22:58

my wifey likes laugh, i nearly died. she likes mick'svocals on it.

Re: Your other half's fave song on ABB? And other ramblings. Very loooong ramblings.
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:21

Look what the cat dragged in. Thanks for getting me in even more trouble than ever, Stones! Now I will hear this every time I sneak in at 4 AM.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:35

i think she likes rough justice the best right now...but last night she played monkey man about 20 times in a row (which is allright with me)...now im re-hooked on let it bleed....them stones boys are sure addicting!!!...best to all

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:51

monkey man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> My wife's numero uno is "It won't take long" which
> I admit surprised me.
> Don't ask why cos I don't know.
>

There's an easy explanation: It Won't Take Long is the best song on the album. It's got a fast groove and the lyrics are great... the lyrics in themselves are sort of "forward looking" so the whole song builds anticipation...

Would really like to hear this song live, but it could be a tricky arrangement... somehow strikes me as a b-stage song candidate.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: September 25, 2005 00:32

My wife is not a Stones fan (likes only a few major tunes), but has been saying that LWTCDI is stuck in her head and I also saw her shaking her ass to She Saw Me Coming when she thought I wasn't looking. Funny, she doesn't complain about ABB as much (my constant playing of it) as much as she did with everything since Dirty Work. :-)

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: September 25, 2005 00:51

It won't take long - she keeps on singing it..... next is SOL (she is latin, so no wonder ABB is #1 in Italy), in fact ABB is her favorite Stones album.... she prefers the music style on ABB than the other ones.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home