Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Soundtrack to "Performance"
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 23, 2005 01:41

havent heard this in a while.....looking for feedback on this one...

Re: Soundtrack to "Performance"
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 23, 2005 01:52

its worth getting!

Aside from the brilliant Memo from Turner, theres some other fins tracks on it. Especially Randy Newman's "Gone Dead Train" which you can hear over the opening credits

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 23, 2005 01:53

forgot about newman's gone dead train...awesome song...it would be great to hear the stones cover that one...best to all

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 23, 2005 01:59

it's pretty cool. my wife HATES the song performance. if i put that song on a frying pan is put upon my skull!

Date: September 23, 2005 02:00

Best songs are Ry Cooder (Get...) and the Last Poets ("Wake up niggers").

"Memo from Turner" is quite weak, no wonder it never appeared on a Stones album.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 23, 2005 16:53

There is a Rap. Earliest straight rap I ever heard. There are just some Bongos and the wild rap called "Wake Up Niggerz"

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: September 23, 2005 19:57

One of the best, if not the best Original movie soundtrack.

Memo From Turner is certainly not "weak": it's a fantastic number, better than 80% of Stones records.

The last Poets song is thrilling and menacing and at least 10 years ahead of it's time (as was th movie of course).

'Gone Dead Train'is the best song I've ever heard by Randy Newman, quite raw and urgent.

'The Hashishin' is a sitar-laden, droney psych instrumental that perfecly evokes Chas's mushroom trip.
'Harry flowers' is a beautiful semi-clasical piece and the last track 'Turner's Murder' is suitably eerie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2127
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home