Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Touring Party 1972 the 7cd box-set
Posted by: artur34 ()
Date: September 23, 2005 05:55

i got this set-box 7cds -touring party 1972- wich has all the soundboard recordings plus some rare audience recording from the 72' american tour and i am very disappointed with this realease[ rattlesnake rs 048-54]
i had on my hard drive all the songs on mp3 format and you can't question the quality of the sound based on these mp3. now from what i read over the net this realease is rated very high' like here you find in the best quality all the soundboards we know from that tour!! so here i am trying to analyse a bit becouse is a very expensive package;
almost in every cd they no-noised the sound wich is to bad [ you can find other sources separately with NO! no-noise]
the box-set is in three volumes;
vol1- two days in texas- cd1 and cd3[ the soundboard part] have the tracks from LaG the movie. IMO they used like a source DRAGON SLAYERS-cd vgp-001 wich i would't say is ok cos we have YOU CAN'T DO THAT BABY or LaG from sister morphine to name a few in much better quality. cd2 is fort worth 2nd show is ok the AETHYK version
v2-philadelphia special 2cds is ok, speed corrected on the tracks and the best part of this box
v3-burning at the garden-2cds the audience tracks are the better part but the soundboard content[ welcome to new york is the same ..all we know no-noised version . So what do you think of this set-box i want your opinions on that thanks

Re: Touring Party 1972 the 7cd box-set
Date: September 23, 2005 06:12

I don't know. I just ordered some outtakes from Some Girls, Tattoo You, and Exile, and I look forward to the hiss.

Then again, I record entire albums on microcassette, so...

There's some magical thing about 'archival' sound quality that makes it that much more special, like it's coming from another time and you have to really struggle to hear it before it fades into oblivion.

I'm sorry you got ripped off, though. 7 CD box set must be some money.

Posted by: artur34 ()
Date: September 23, 2005 06:30

everything's turnin' Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know. I just ordered some outtakes from
> Some Girls, Tattoo You, and Exile, and I look
> forward to the hiss.
>
> Then again, I record entire albums on
> microcassette, so...
>
> There's some magical thing about 'archival' sound
> quality that makes it that much more special, like
> it's coming from another time and you have to
> really struggle to hear it before it fades into
> oblivion.
>
> I'm sorry you got ripped off, though. 7 CD box set
> must be some money.

no i didn't bought it i got on a trade but just to share the opinions becouse is a really expensive package when you can buy or trade better sources. now about the outtakes you ordered dont expect new material ...well if you dont have them is ok but you know they are rereleased material hope you get the best versions

Date: September 23, 2005 06:42

I don't have anything else near it. I definitely want to hear the long versions of Miss You, the rehearsals,etc. As long they're different from the official releases, I'll probably be thrilled.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2260
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home