Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Songs That May Be Performed On Stage
Date: September 22, 2005 06:22

Many of us would like to hear some new songs live but,which ones?I'd prefer It Won't Take Long;Laugh,I Nearly Died;Let Me Down Slow;This Place Is Empty a few times in smaller venues;and She Saw Me Coming.To be honest with you,I'll take any addition at this point but,I would least prefer 1)Biggest Mistake 2)Look What The Cat Dragged In 3)Driving Too Fast.

Re: New Songs That May Be Performed On Stage
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: September 22, 2005 08:21

I don't get what people don't like about DTF? It's perhaps the rockinest tune on ABB and for sure the best rocker they've done in years. Come on people! Listen to the song! It smokes!

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: hoodooyouvoodoo ()
Date: September 22, 2005 08:34

i think it might be the lazy lyrics ("out of your brain ,out of your mind"-just a bit familiar!) and the stones-by-numbers playing. The only weak track in a fantastic album IMHO.

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: September 22, 2005 10:58

Driving too fast is the best rocker they've done for ages ,IMO.

Posted by: dj ()
Date: September 22, 2005 15:23

As much as I love SSMC (it might be my favorite ABB track), I don't think it would work live because Mick sings the repeating "She Saw Me Coming" over the verses in the studio version. Blondie or Bernard might be able to step in but I don't think it would work.

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: September 22, 2005 15:35

To me SSMC (don't misunderstand me I like the song) is not very well built .
On the fisrt verse Jagger sings it like a rap song and it sounds very good( not crazy about rap but when it's a good one I appreciate it) but then he goes into 'she saw me coming 'all the way till the end.I would have turned two or three verses into rap and then it would have made a very good song to sing Live.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 22, 2005 17:46

Swop Miss You for Rain Fall Down or Sweet Neocon occasionally. Play Driving Too Fast every time. And then do Dangerous Beauty and Look What The Cat Dragged In.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:03

Driving Too Fast rocks my sox of. It has that WTWCD kind of punkish feel to it. One of the best songs on ABB IMO.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:05

Rutger: Some days ago Driving Too Fast just started growing very much on me. I like it. I now see your point about it being one of the best.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:08

RankOutsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't get what people don't like about DTF? It's
> perhaps the rockinest tune on ABB and for sure the
> best rocker they've done in years. Come on people!
> Listen to the song! It smokes!

agreed...love this song...the lyrics are secondary to me...the feel of the song is GREAT!!! (just like "dance little sister"..great feel..lyrics secondary) crank it up and enjoy.....fantastic...best to all the stoners

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-22 18:10 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:19

I know many people like She Saw Me Coming but its probably my least favorite. Maybe its because the lyrics keeping repeating themselves, not sure exactly. I don't think its bad but probably my least favorite on the great new album. Driving Too Fast has to be one of the best rockers they have done in many years. That song and Look What the Cat Dragged In back to back are simply awesome. Hope we get to hear them live.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:26

the lyrics repeat themselves on SSMC? Aside from the chorus/chant, I don't think there's any repeat. Just about every song has a chorus that repeats - that's the whole point, ain't it? How many times does Mick sing "Start Me UP" in that song? I don't get this argument against SSMC.....

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:30

>> Mick sings the repeating "She Saw Me Coming" over the verses in the studio version. <<

that's Mick, Keith & Blondie singin that, and i'd love to hear Keith & Ronnie take it on in concert (with or without Blondie, who is quite all right too). great little number!

[www.timeisonourside.com]

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:33

>> the lyrics repeat themselves on SSMC? <<

yes she did yes she did :E
(i love it!)

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:56

I am not sure what it is, I just always skip over the song. "She Saw Me Coming, what a stupid jerk, what a piece of work."

I guess I just didn't like the lyrics or how the chorus sounds because I like the guitar riff and the bridge but not too hot on the rest. Still I don't think its bad, will probably grow on me. I just would probably rate this one as my least favorite on the album.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home