Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

About the start.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 19, 2005 14:51

Could someone pin out EXACTLY what happens during the start of the new Stones concerts please???

JumpingKentFlash

Re: About the start.
Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: September 19, 2005 15:29

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could someone pin out EXACTLY what happens during
> the start of the new Stones concerts please???
>
>
> "Better than suicide"

Lights low (obviously), Big screens all start with a myriad of stones-like images (old and new), not sure of the back ground music (sorry), definite build-up of noise, then explosions screen and stage (with fire atop and front of stage)- Keith rolls out the Start me up riff.

Hope this helps a little- my writing skills leave a little more to be desired for sure.

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: September 19, 2005 16:49

Lights go out...wait 2 minutes for who knows what...then screen of like 80's looking guitars and cars and whatever else kinda flying at ya with a starry bridges to babylon look...a blast of light fireworks come from atop the stage....the crowd loves it....more screen of guitars...then 1 more blast of kinda light fireworks (at least for the stones) from atop the stage and then within 20 seconds you hear keith do those 3 chords and then the flames from the front of the stage, not the whole stage but between backup singers to horns.......then mick is on with his funny hat...it gives me chills just thinking about it.

TOM

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: September 19, 2005 16:51

That's it?! I thought that Mick and Keith did paper-rock-scissors to see who goes out first! Well, I'll find out next Monday evening in Toronto!grinning smiley

Date: September 19, 2005 17:14

So what's this talk about a curtain??? Only arenas???

JumpingKentFlash

Date: September 19, 2005 19:22

yea i would be curious to know what happens in the arena as I will be seeing them in DC.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 19, 2005 19:29

stonestom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yea i would be curious to know what happens in the
> arena as I will be seeing them in DC.

About the same as the stadium, except the stage is smaller... Keith seems to be hanging out somewhere backstage just to Charlie's left... and he just scoots straight out and starts banging the opening to Start Me Up. Didn't notice which direction the rest of the cats come in from

Date: September 19, 2005 20:26

I know they dont do any flames but someone mentioned something like confetti flying out or something? Thanks for the heads up Creddence. These like such stupid questions but its really cool to know before hand.

TOM

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 19, 2005 21:01

Same thing as Steel Wheels without Continental Drift as the music. Lame.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 19, 2005 22:52

Interesting question...

The "Stones Start" has always been one of their concert signatures...

I remember the first show ever saw in 1972...

1) Lights go out... crowd applauds

2) Maybe a bit of crude light or sound effects...

3) Then you can just make out Charlie on the drums and POW

4) Instantly everyone's steppin' out from behind a stack of amps AND

5) Jagger comes flying in from the crowd's left to right...

Part of their stage act has always been a dramatic opening. In the early days you really didn't catch up until the show was over... not even then.

Posted by: mark ()
Date: September 19, 2005 23:16

Creedencelives.....thanks for the flashback.

One point to add....I always got the feeling they used a delayed start as part of the hype. One of the more poinient moments of L&G is the begining, in the dark you hear someone saying lets get this thing going.....probably due to the long delay between acts. I recall in Vancouver it taking close to a hour to get the show going, many trips to the mike by an announcer, each time the croud (ooops... got flogged for that the other day 'crowd') more pumped until the croud turned and by the time the band took the stage as you described the crowd was booing the delays, almost felt like we better get it going we are loosing them.

One other clever start I loved was in 81. They stated falsh cameras distracted the band so could you take all your flash pictures during the first song and get it out of the way. Once they took the stage you realized the true reason for the request....a stunning free light show for the opener involving the entire stadium. Of course the average flash works up to 17 meters so the camera thing was a bit of a joke anyway.

Posted by: mark ()
Date: September 19, 2005 23:17

Oh Ya......Creedencelives....if your handle indicates a love of CCR could you email me, I have some questions about getting hard to get CCR.

Date: September 20, 2005 15:15

Dale: That start sounds awesome. Why "lame"???

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home