Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Babyface="F-face", and other Quotes...
Posted by: redrum ()
Date: September 14, 2005 19:50

Just recalling Keith quotes.....

In '97 didn't Keith Richrds refer to producer "Babyface" as "F*&*-face"? I think old "F-face" produced a track on "Bridges to Babylon"? I forgot which one, or even if that version was released? "Bridges to Babylon, co-produced by F-face & the Glimmer Twins..." (ha, ha)

As long as I'm on the subject, in 1985, Keith said to "Dirty Work" Co-prodocer, Steve Lillywhite: "....maybe you don't want to be the meat in this sandwich?".

I just love reading Keith interviews! The guy is so honest! Someone should compile a book of Kieth Richards quotes, inspirational reading for daily life blues!

If I recall correctly, didn't Keith give a message to Osama bin Laden during a c2002/03 interview?? Something like "We'll [Stones] go to Australia, unless Osama takes down the plane" Can't recall it completely. Someone help me out? (Personally , I can't wait until Osama becomes a "F-face")

Rock on, brother Keef!

Re: Babyface="F-face", and other Quotes...
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: September 14, 2005 19:58

I recomend you to read "Keith Richards in his own words" from Mick St. Michael an Omnibus Press edition. Try this link
[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: redrum ()
Date: September 14, 2005 20:26

Riffbuk,

Thanks man!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 14, 2005 22:20

There's no Babyface track on the album. Which song would that be?
Oh, and didn't he say "You can have the money, pal" ? ;-)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 14, 2005 22:32

How about Keith's famous tiff with Elton John:

Keith: "... Elton plays songs about dead blondes..."

EJ: "... Keith looks like an arthritic monkey onstage..."

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: September 14, 2005 22:40

I think it went a little different. Keith came to one of the recording sessions and he met producer Babyface which Mick had hired. Everybody knows Keith doesn't like Mick to mix the Stones with modern music styles.. So Keith told him something like.... "so you're babyface huh... wait untill you've worked with mick and your face will look just as @#$%& up as mine" ... something like that..

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 15, 2005 00:33

Billwebster......Babyface was involved in the production of the first recordings of Already Over Me but were scapped because Mick wasn't happy with the outcome.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: September 15, 2005 02:38

Keith warned Babyface about working with Jagger: "Babyface, eh? Well, if you work with him you're gonna wind up lookin' like me--you'll be "Fuckface."

My favorite Keith quote of that 1997 pre-tour period is when he was asked to comment on the shootings of rival rappers Tupac Shakur and The Notorius BIG.

Keith said (not an exact quote, but very close):
"I don't get it. I mean, back in the 60's, you didn't have the Temptations killing the Four Tops."

Posted by: pafult01 ()
Date: September 15, 2005 06:15

My favorite Keith quote is what he said to the judge in his first drug trial "We are not old men, we are not worried about petty morals." Now he is an old man, and he's still not worried about petty morals. Go, Keith!

That Keith quote and lots of other great ones can be found at [members.tripod.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 15, 2005 08:20

" I don't have a problem with drugs, just policemen"

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: September 15, 2005 08:30

I've alway's had this quote in my head, I think it's from a Rolling Stones interview? "Rock 'n' roll is suppossed to make you either wanna dance or F%$#"

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 15, 2005 09:12

I'd love a thread on Keith Quotes.

@#$%& priceless, man.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 15, 2005 09:53

People often ask does Keith check out IORR.....well...cop this one!!!

Q: Have you got a computer. Do you surf the net?

Keith: I'm not interested what other arseholes at the other end of the world think about this or that

Keith Richards - Dazed & Confused magazine 1999

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home