Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

An answer to an offensive post of Gazza. Sorry to make a new topic, but...
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: September 11, 2005 06:28

...For technical reasons i cannot post anymore on Ket's topic "Could they possibly ever satisfy everybody?". But i cannot let unanswerable that post too. (Everyone can see the discussion on Ket's topic)

"You trot out the same tiresome meaningless statistics every time"

OK, Gazza i find tiresome and meaningless the 65% of your posts and the 99 % of your nagging. Can we discuss in this way? I mention again the statistics about the different songs on the past tours, in other words the variety of the lists, just because i am still waiting a clear answer and a clear comment from a "nagger" like you. You said "because is not 1981". Not a very smart answer...

Now i mention some OTHER statistics just because i don't want to "discuss" repeating boring clisse and being dogmatic, like you. You say: "In concert the band is going backwards in a creative sense. Anyone who cant see that is led by blind idolatry". What an "argument" !! What a democratic guy! Is a blind idolarty everyone who has the opinion that the band performs great on this tour? Is a blind idolatry everyone who asks you why is "boring" a list with 4 new songs, 2 new covers, 7-8 warhorses and some songs PARELY played on the previous tours?

OK, obviously you aren't able to answer but that's not a good reason to be so exasperated and impolite, OK?

PS 1: You know my opinion about the $ 450 so you say nothing once again.

PS 2: "Are you suggesting that if that was the case in 2005, youd be satisfied?"
Man, you understand nothing... I obviously mean exactly what i wrote. You can see it. Who is blind?

PS 3: "and how the f*ck can you ask a thousand different fans and have a billion different answers?". Another very "clever" question... OK, i see how many different opinions we have on this board and am speaking to 800 friends of mine who are fans. Are you satisfied now my old fart?

Re: An answer to an offensive post of Gazza. Sorry to make a new topic, but...
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 11, 2005 06:42

why do you need to start another thread by reposting the same post youve already delighted us with in a separate thread?

"offensive"?? You poor dear.....

Date: September 11, 2005 06:56

OK Gazza, obviously you are unable to answer, you are unable to discuss. Now tell us for 84578th time about the $450 ticket prices, say the word "creativity" once again and go to bed.

Yes "offensive". But you must have some dignity to understand it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 11, 2005 06:59

I was able to answer. See the original thread.

You wouldnt know dignity if it bit you on the ass

Date: September 11, 2005 07:33

OK, if you think that was an "answer", then good night.

My question: "During the 1981/82 tour the Stones played only 33 different songs, during 1989/90 tour only 37. On ABB tour after just 7 show they already have played 30 different songs. Do you think that in 1982 and 1990 they haven't 250 diamonds to play? Why this nagging now?"

Your answer: "Go back 40 years ago..."

You say "answer", i say "evasion". Anyway, good night...

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: September 11, 2005 09:53

While reading your postings I come to think of Clint Eastwood in Millon Dollar Baby, when he refuses to train Hilary Swank, he says, "Girlie tough, ain't enough". This is such a sweet thread, guys.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 11, 2005 10:37

I'd like to do a statistic about how many times sticky has bid us 'good night' beginning with the previous thread LOL
No offence sticky! Just yanking your chain. I really think you are standing your ground and staying civilized. And Gazza is a tough one LOL
As boring as this sounds but you both are maostly right. That's the way it looks from my guesting in Rank's foxhole. But I do see it Gazza's way in so far as every tour is it's own dynamic. A product of it's own time and place. the previous stats don't mean that much. And yes, a band should ALWAYS, ALWAYS move ahead. Never stay still - creatively and in a business sense.
On the other hand they do not owe us a damn thing. I am grateful foe every time they come around and give me a lousy rendition of JJF, SMU and BS.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: September 11, 2005 10:42

Can we at least agree on one thing?
Ticket price are high but the Stones are all worth it!

My first ticket for a Stones concert was 125 SEK (swedish crona) now I will have to pay somewhere around 1000 SEK depending on the seats but I will be on floor 10 - 15 meters away from the stage. Good view, good sound and close to the b-stage!
I don't mind paying 800 - 1000 SEK's to see them live for the 17th time around.
They are all worth it!

Let's make piece here and roll with the Bang, it's f-g great album from a f-g great rock and roll band!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 11, 2005 10:54

Yeah I'm f uckin' sick of crouchin' in this stinkin' trench....has the firing stopped ...I got rockin to do.

She Saw Me Comin'

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: September 11, 2005 11:13

Good point Rockman!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1463
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home