Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Three CREAM gigs at MSG
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2005 23:28

Pinch me... Cream just MIGHT be on tour... anyone know the low-down of how many gigs they might end up doing ??

"... in the sunshine of your luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvv...."

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Re: Three CREAM gigs at MSG
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 10, 2005 23:32

Just three, MSG Oct 24-26th.

Date: September 10, 2005 23:46

Somehow this just doesn't make a bit of sense... why just do 3 gigs ?

Do they have any other tours / conflicts that would prohibit their turning it into a major tour ??

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 10, 2005 23:49

Jack just had a liver transplant and is probably not up to doing a full-scale tour. Not really sure just how strong the 66-year-old drummer is either.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: September 10, 2005 23:53

What an awsome drummer Ginger is though, or, at least he used to be, I hope he still is. He and Jack go way back with The Stones too.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Date: September 10, 2005 23:56

tatters Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jack just had a liver transplant and is probably
> not up to doing a full-scale tour. Not really sure
> just how strong the 66-year-old drummer is either.

Didn't know this... but you know Phil Lesh had a Liv Transplant and is touring right and left, and David Crosby tours a fair amount after this transplant, so maybe it's a major improvement to these guy's energy.

As for Ginger, EC recently said that he's still the best drummer he can think of, something to the effect "... nobody has his dexterity..." and he's kept active doing a fair amount of jazz work over the past 30 years I think.

On the "Father's Eyes" tour, EC's guitar on Cream songs just smoked... Sunshine of your love was a show-stopper!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 11, 2005 00:02

I saw a Ginger Baker solo gig about 20 years ago. Needless to say, his little blues trio left lots of room for drum solos. It was great, though, all the Cream hits, lots of great blues. I have no idea who the bassist and guitarist were. I think he said they were from Italy (?). In fact, that entire weeked was amazing. This club had Ginger Baker on Friday night and Buddy Rich on Saturday! I went to both shows. I'd have to say Ginger was every bit as good as Buddy Rich, although, in Buddy's defense, he was probably even older then than Ginger is now.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 11, 2005 00:05

Anyone remembers Cream live in the 60's? Three superstars in one group. But they couldn't play together. All three of them were fighting for the spotlite. Sounded like all three of them played solos at the same time.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 11, 2005 02:00

tatters,, u r 1 lucky dude ,,buddy rich used 2 make frequent appearances on johnny Carson ,,i made sure i wouldn't miss them ,,i would sit there watchin him on the tv with my mouth wide open ,, couldn't beleive the shit he did on the drums ,,,man he was faster than fast ,,im surprized u say baker & rich about even ,,but i beleive ya ,,seein is beleivin

Posted by: RockR ()
Date: September 11, 2005 04:55

If not a full tour, I would be willing to bet that Chicago and L.A. will soon follow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1371
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home