Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith, could u please drop Infamy from the setlist? Thnx :-) -nT-
Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: September 9, 2005 21:38

Re: Keith, could u please drop Infamy from the setlist? Thnx :-) -nT-
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 9, 2005 21:43

careful - if the Stones are actually following this - you may get your wish at the expense of yet another dropped # from the setlist - down to 19...

Date: September 9, 2005 22:11

Of course I want a substitution for Infamy, like for example Thru & Thru, Before they Make Me Run or Wanna Hold You. But PLEASE Keith never ever dare to play Happy again!! It just doesn't work live anymore. 1972/73 is was awesome, but since 89 it simply SUCKED.
The Worst is a good choice IMHO, but he has to perform it the way he did during the Voodoo Lounge Tour.

Btw Keith, This Place Is Empty is a fantastic song! This got to be a tough contender for one of your live solo tunes.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 9, 2005 22:12

I always really liked Keith doing "You Got the Silver..." a brilliant addition to any setlist.

Date: September 9, 2005 22:16

Yes you are right, CreedenceLives. I forgot about this one. It is a fuc*ing great tune. And it works very well live! Like in '99.
So Keith, what about playing for example Wanna Hold You & You Got The Silver at he next show? :-)
Infamy is really a drag as a live song. It doesn't appeal to the casual Stones fan at all.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 9, 2005 22:18

i think EVERYBODY is totally confused about what's up with Keith and his mini-set right now. Totally baffling. He's always been one to just go out there and "wing it" - now, he's not only standing pat...he's standing pat with a bad hand.

Posted by: #6 ()
Date: September 9, 2005 22:24

Wow - What show(s) have you seen ? I'm curious because Infamy was great both nights in Fenway Park. I think its one of the best songs on the new record personally...

Date: September 9, 2005 22:37

I haven't seen any shows yet, I live in Germany. But I listened to all bootlegs available and I just don't see Infamy doing well among the audience.
I hate this song. It's so annoying. No real melody, only this stupid ascending and descending sequel of notes. Sorry, I can't explain is better with my limited vocabulary :-(
It's a very untypical song for Keith. I can't imagine him being fond of this song.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: September 9, 2005 22:41

Since I don't get to see the Stones until November so I hope Infamy stays in the set until after I see them. I've seen The Worst already, so if any of Keiths songs should be replaced, I'd choose it.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: September 9, 2005 22:42

Infamy is the best Keith song in years. Keep it in the set list

Jan Richards
of them Vikings

Date: September 9, 2005 22:46

Ok, I better keep out of this discussion. You know, I belong to those who even like "Blinded By Love" ;-)
But Infamy is a bust (for me).

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 9, 2005 23:02

Infamy live has a very insistent bottom sound that really grooves. Have heard it twice now on the tour and like it better than on the album. Keith could lay a longer solo on this one though to take the song to a higher level. Would like to hear Keith change his songs around a little more, but The Worst and Infamy work well together.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 9, 2005 23:06

You Got the Silver would kill. I'd also like something from Main Offender like Eileen, Hate It When You Leave or Wicked As It Seems. But that ain't gonna happen.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 9, 2005 23:22

You are right, Keith wouldn't do solo stuff on a Stones gig, but I wouldn't complain if he did.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 10, 2005 00:01

keep infamy,,rotate the worst with comin down again & all his others

Posted by: davido ()
Date: September 10, 2005 00:39

I loved it at the Phoenix!
And think it's a good album
closer too..........................

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: September 10, 2005 01:12

Infamy is great. A pure Keith groove. Keith is a genius.

Posted by: rockroll ()
Date: September 10, 2005 01:22

I LOVE when Keith sings, and I NEVER head to the restroom during his part of the show, but I'm a bit disappointed with all the slow stuff he's been doing. I mean, I like "The Worst", and actually both his songs on the new album are pretty good, but some of the songs he's done lately just DRAG.

Is it just me or does Infamy sound like "Love Is Strong"?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2005 01:23

Hell No....Keep Imfamy but add the rest of Bigger Bang..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: September 10, 2005 01:25

Great idea! Drop Infamy and let's replace it for Little T & A or LET'S GO STEADY!

Or even better Get Off Of My Cloud in the 1975 Alexis Corner arrangement!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-10 01:26 by Mack Jigger.

Posted by: heyheymymyitb ()
Date: September 10, 2005 01:57

Jan Richards Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Infamy is the best Keith song in years. Keep it in
> the set list

I agree. And even if a Keith song is to be dropped, The Worst really is the worst of the two.

Date: September 10, 2005 07:18

I say keep Infamy in the set list.The crowds I have been in,three of them this tour,have responded better to Infamy than the majority of Richards other performances - notably classics such as All About You & You Got The Silver.Most of these casual "fans" don't even bother to listen to the songs before they either sit down or go for refreshments.Infamy has managed to keep a good number of them entertained & some people decided to start dancing a little bit to it.I would prefer that,as much as I like the song,they only play The Worst a couple of more times on the U.S. tour.It was played at every show in '94.It's time for Connection or How Can I Stop or any number of others.Infamy/Connection & How Can I Stop/Infamy sounds good to me.What about This Place Is Empty/Connection in the smaller venues a couple of times?

Posted by: kid killowatt ()
Date: September 10, 2005 08:15

"INFAMY" MUST STAY IN THE SET. IF THE BAND CAN'T GET IT RIGHT, WELL.....JUST BRING THE X-PENSIVE WINOS(SANS JORDAN, CHARLIE MUST STAY...) TO PLAY THIS ONE!!!

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: September 10, 2005 11:27

Yeah, let's get Waddy Wachtel in the band as a third guitar player!. He already played on most of the Bridges To Babylon tracks. And is a friend of Keith by the way. With Waddy the band can play any song and it rocks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home