Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question About Your Stones Collection
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 6, 2005 22:16

I am in the process of moving into a new apartment and I have had trouble trying to figure out the best way to store all my Stones bootlegs. I had a cd holder that is now too small for all my stuff and was wondering how everyone else keeps their prized Stones collection. If I had a enough room I'd love to dedicate a whole room to my Stones stuff, unfortantly I am limited.

Re: Question About Your Stones Collection
Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: September 6, 2005 22:21

I am in the same predicament. I started by keeping them in one of those wooden wall racks so that they were easily accessible. When that took up too much space, I got rid of the plastic jewel cases and put them in Case Logic sleeves and stored them in long plastic boxes which are easily stackable. Not as easy to find what I'm looking for but with a little organization, it works fine.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 6, 2005 22:48

I have gone the Case Logic route with my non-Stones cds but for my Stones stuff I have gone through all the trouble of printing out covers and getting cases for everything so I'd like to keep them like that. I am thinking along the lines of some sort of book shelf. I realized how many Stones cds I have when I had to pack them up in boxes. My girlfriend thinks I am nuts.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: September 6, 2005 22:57

I have my whole CD collection up on the wall. I have about 300 - 400 of regular stuff then over 200 just Stones.

We have a bonus room which is pretty much my room but that is not where they are. My whole collection is in the stairs. To get to the bonus room you go up a flight of stairs then there is a small landing then another 4 stairs that go up another way. The landing is large enough that on both walls I have the wooden CD holders mounted. I had to custom make some of them as they don't make the kind I had anymore.

Also in this hallway I have all my Stones tour posters (all framed), prints and other stuff mounted on the wall. I have the awesome black and white Annie Lebowitz photo from their 1986 signing with CBS mounted on foam core. That is my prize. It's huge and rests above the collection. If I think about it, I will photo the hall way to give you a shot of it.

Posted by: artur34 ()
Date: September 6, 2005 22:58

PIONER CAC-V500 500 disc changer all your collection ready to play

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 7, 2005 00:42

Rip the tracks and convert them to mp3. Simplifies the handling and enhances the joy.

@#$%& CDs. There's nothing uglier than the thing you see looking at a compact disc.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: September 7, 2005 01:55

i just have a stones tower all the rest of the great shit is alphebetical both are in chronogy

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: September 7, 2005 03:52

Here are some pics from my collection. Some savy person can put them in the actual thread. I don't know how.

[groups.msn.com]

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: September 7, 2005 04:41

Sladog great pics. I've done the case logic sheets. Jewel cases be damned!

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Date: September 7, 2005 05:05

MP3's have inferior sound.This is much more noticable if you play them on a good sound system and then play a cd or even better a super audio cd.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home