Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Setlist likely to evolve more deeply after December.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 6, 2005 22:31

If they play any new songs at St. Paul, and there will probably be at least one, I'm betting it's a reliable warhorse like Gimme Shelter...

THIS is barely the second week of an 18 month tour... by the time the tour is over I'm confident we'll hear at least 50 to 60 total songs...

I think the band is being careful to put on great performances and roll new songs out slowly...

If you look at the schedule there's a big gap in December and I'm guessing they will have a few days of intensive practice on maybe a half-dozen new tunes or more that they could roll out starting January.

For example, I think the set for Chicago United Center in Jan. may be quite a bit different than the SOldier Field gig in September.

Re: Setlist likely to evolve more deeply after December.
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 7, 2005 00:02

on past tours - they have not work much if at all in the December gap. That's for R&R - I suspect that will be the case again this tour.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 7, 2005 03:10

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> on past tours - they have not work much if at all
> in the December gap. That's for R&R - I
> suspect that will be the case again this tour.

Agreed, but even if they just do a couple days, that's enough to polish up a half dozen songs they've been playing for 30 years

Date: September 7, 2005 03:24

I think the new songs will be added as the tour goes on but,as for the rarities and any songs never done on stage,I think they will mostly be done in the early arena concerts or any club shows that might happen.For the start of the European tour they might add a couple of songs not done in the U.S. but,I believe the show tonight will tell us all we need to know about how this is going to go.This is all based on the way they have operated for the last 33 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1440
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home