Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Video.
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: August 31, 2005 01:05

It will be SOL (according to RO site). Oh please spare me this. It was bad enough with ASMB last time. This is just wrong! Shoot SSMC or IWTL or LIND . Anything else! This isn't even funny too me.

I hate hearing this song all over the ABB promos too. This song sucks.

Re: New Video.
Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: August 31, 2005 01:19

Dont't agree - I think its a good song - by no means the best on the album,but its up against some class stuff - still,it definatley don't suck.

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: August 31, 2005 02:47

don't watch it and don't buy it if you think it sucks...

Just don't bore me with your whining!

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: August 31, 2005 06:42

I like it to. It's purty.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: August 31, 2005 07:25

I agree. too bad they can't release 2 videos ( of RJ too) at once like they released 2 singels at once.

Posted by: heyheymymyitb ()
Date: August 31, 2005 07:48

I think it makes sense.. Of the two songs they've released for airplay, Streets of Love is a much better choice for a video. The fans who will relate to Rough Justice as a good song are the fans who listen to classic rock radio stations, don't watch MTV, and will buy the album regardless of what the singles are. A sappy ballad like Streets of Love is a better choice to attract a newer audience, since it doesn't have as much of a classic Stones feel.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 31, 2005 08:58

Video should be to ONNYA. Seriously. Its a kickass rocker start to finish. If well edited it would fly on MTV. Streets of Love will get played on VH1 and thats it.

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: August 31, 2005 11:08

the stones are @#$%& wrong with this sol-video thing. The problem is: music tv-s are not interested in stones-videos, so they play the first one, but the guys dont get a second chance. remember what happened to YGMR in '94 and to Saint of me in'97. They were played two times, and that was it. So if the second video is RJ or ONNYA - these songs really tell, what the stones are about - , the same thing will happen. I dont't understand Jaggers logic.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: August 31, 2005 11:13

Hey, I don't like SOL that much either, but it seems to sell quite well in Holland. It's positioned 14 after 2 weeks (entered at 24). A video would attract much attention to the Stones and I would welcome a small hit. Just so the Stones gain some chart credibility again.

Anyone an idea what will be the next single? It's probably gonna be a rocker, but I think Laugh would do just fine. Great song, sounds like the Stones, but is just different enough for the charts. But again, a rocker: ONNYA?

regards, e.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: August 31, 2005 12:15

SOL sucks compared to the rest of the album. It is an ok song I guess. I can understand that some will like it a lot, and it has grown on me a bit. BUT. All the kids watchin MTV in the last 8 years have seen of them are lovey dovey ballads. They must think this is what their all about. Just put on a good rocker for the video with live clips and lots of T & A and MTV will play it.

In fact I don't understand why they don't play all the songs live, film them and release them all as videos. Is there a music law that you only release 3 videos an album. The ballad, the rocker and the third best song?

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: August 31, 2005 16:44

> Just don't bore me with your whining!

Just don't read it if you are bored!

Posted by: intv7 ()
Date: August 31, 2005 16:54

Who cares what song they made a video for? No new video will receive much airplay regardless of how good it is. There are not many outlets for music videos these days, MTV and VH-1 are full of crappy "reality" shows. Gotta wait for it to pop up on VH-1 Classic, during the "Classic/Current" time slot, which means that any new Stones video will be shown maybe a handful of times at most.

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: August 31, 2005 17:09

Sound like SOL doesn't have too many fans here ... including me but here's some info on the video storyline etc.

[www.ottawasun.com]

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 31, 2005 17:11

Trust me, they know what they're doing.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: September 2, 2005 23:27

Maybe they should have called the song Stones of Love.

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: September 3, 2005 00:18

Again, they never got this much airtime with a new single the last few albums. I think the stones and their management/record company know very well what they are doing. It would't be my first choice either but I don't hate the song like I did the first time I've heard it. Ad the rockers should't be a single at least not in holland cause it seems rock is dead over here unfortunately...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home