Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ive been lovin you, too long!!!
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 1, 2005 19:11

Ever like this song from the "Got live if you want it"-Album. Did they ever play that live????? I remember Tina Turner did it in 69 or so.

Re: Ive been lovin you, too long!!!
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 1, 2005 19:45

awful version...mick sings like a wimp on this one. he does not do otis proud. and, no the Stones have never done the song live to my knowledge (the one on this album is of course a studio track with a grafted on audience track).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-01 19:46 by T&A.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 1, 2005 19:47

In fact they never played this one live. Never ever. The version on GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT IS is actually a studio recording with crowd noise just overdubbed, to make it sound "live". This studio recording (without those audience overdubs) can be found on the new ABKCO Remaster of More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 1, 2005 20:58

the remaster is incredible,,,would like to hear it on SACD equipment ,,never been there yet

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 1, 2005 22:57

Otis Redding! Another thing I have to be thankful to the Rolling Stones for. Had it not been for Stones, I may have never been introduced to this great man's music. Thanks Guys!!!

...let me in, let me in, let me easssssssse on in.....

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 2, 2005 23:35

Hi CindyC. There have been alot of artists that I've discovered via the Stones. Chuck Berry (obviously) as well as Bo Diddley, JL Hooker, Otis, Temptations, etc.
I saw a Bruce Springsteen interview where he said he got into Chuck Berry via the Stones. Alice Cooper's band in their early years did Marvin Gaye's Hitch Hike, but he said they were trying to sound like the Stones version.
I wonder how many new generation fans are discovering the Stones via musicians that were influenced by them like the Black Crowes, etc?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 3, 2005 00:08

That's a really good question. Wouldn't it be funny if some of them were turned onto the Stones because of Britney doing Satisfaction, or because of some of the commercials. Speaking of, just last night I saw a new commercial with Miss Amanda Jones. There was another one using that song a few months back too. As long as they don't sell off Gimme Shelter I don't care. That would be sacrilege!

The Stones also turned me on to visitng places that I probably would never have gone to if I wasn't into them, like Villefranche Sur Mer, West Wittering, checking out Kings Road, and Cheyne Walk etc. I was only 14 when I got into them and I had never heard of any of these places. But reading about them through the years got me so interested that I had to see for myself.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home