Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Vegas Baby....or maybe not?
Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: August 28, 2005 00:27

Question for people who've done the MGM Grand:

Just got these tix from Ticketmaster (Best Available they say!)

Section U218, row J, seats 14-13

It warned that these were side view seats (didn't say obstructed view, but I'm afraid they may be).

I've seen the Stones in Philly at JFK (81), Hartford (81), Shea (89), RFK in DC (94?), MCI (99), and Fed Ex (02), and have tix for MCI and Charlottesville, but my dream venues have always been MSG or somewhere in Vegas.

Will I be disappointed due to the placement of these seats? Is the MGM Grand a cool place to see the boys???

Re: Vegas Baby....or maybe not?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 28, 2005 00:32

opinions vary - mine is based on my side view seats from a Stones '94 show there - wasn't very impressed with the acoustics. echoey like hell; from Keith's side couldn't hear one note Woody played....

Posted by: tattoome ()
Date: August 28, 2005 01:19

hi
it´s importent could you mail me
ichbin.ich@freenet.de
thanks

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: August 28, 2005 01:21

I love side seats so long as they are close to the stage. The acoustics aren't the best but it's like being on-stage with them!

Date: August 28, 2005 02:39

tattoome Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi
> it´s importent could you mail me
> ichbin.ic
> h@freene
> 16;.de
> thanks
>

Just did...

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 28, 2005 17:33

I ve seen three tours there and I loved it everytime. I never had a sound issue what I like about its an arena only no sky boxes no balconies. I had side view once no issue but on this tour don't know what the indoor stage is going to be like.

Date: August 28, 2005 17:48

thanks virgil and inopeng...that's encouraging, although I'm definitely concerned that the "on stage seating" arrangement will obstruct the view. The one good thing about that is that I'll be able to stand and dance the whole time and no one would have a legit reason to ask me to sit down! :-)

By the way, I've been to Vegas once and stayed at the MGM and want to do a different hotel this time. I want to be close to the MGM though...was thinking the Monte Carlo, Mandalay Bay, or NY NY...guess the new monorail makes everything close.

Anyone have hotel preferences???

Posted by: laurieB ()
Date: September 2, 2005 16:28

I've stayed at the Monte Carlo & Mandalay Bay. They're both upscale hotels, but I prefer the Monte due to it's size.

It's a much smaller hotel, which mean easier access to street so you're not walking for fifteen minutes from your hotel room to the parking garage. Same point w/their pools...Mandalay is much larger & has the wave pool as an option, but be prepared to meander through the hotel to the complex.

Don't get me wrong, I love exercise. I just don't want to waste time while in Vegas!!

Hope this helps.....

Posted by: cherry red ()
Date: September 2, 2005 17:39

I love the Bellagio. It is gorgeous without the usual Vegas tackiness.
If I make this show I'll stay at the MGM though. My friend says it's like a Stones fan convention there.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 2, 2005 17:53

if you're looking to keep cost down - the largest motel in the world (Motel 6) is just down the street from the MGM

Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: September 2, 2005 18:07

tHE POOLS WILL BE CLOSED

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 2, 2005 20:25

U2 18, row J, seats 14-13 ???
are you sure your're gonna see the Stones, not U2?

x-cuse mewinking smiley

Date: September 2, 2005 20:52

Thanks all...I love MOnte Carlo and Mandalay (House of Blues) too, but decided to do NYNY. I like its night life (dueling pianos is fun and gotta see Coyote Ugly go wild) and its just a walk across a bridge to the MGM and I can hop over to Monte Carlos BrewPub too. MGM was like 50 more a night and Bellagio was like 150 more a night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1316
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home