Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Typical
Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: September 1, 2005 21:42

I'm sitting here at work and a co-worker walks into my office. I'm listening to "Worried About You". He asks me, " Who the hell is that singing with that stupid voice ?" I looked at him in disgust and I said, "It's the Rolling Stones, you moron". He replied, "Oh man those guys SUCK ! I have never liked him" HIM, he said. Obviously meaning Mick. I thought to myself, man, that's typical. These music illiterates don't even know what is up. Dare I throw out the name Brian Jones or Mick Taylor. I didn't bother to argue, because you can't argue with ignorance. Just for that, I turned it up louder. It's nice to have a forum and be able to communicate with true Stones fans.

Re: Typical
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 1, 2005 21:45

sounds like a very professional work environment you have there

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: September 1, 2005 21:47

Out of my Head, I know the type. He probably listens to Kansas!

Date: September 1, 2005 21:50

Yeah, T&A. It's safe to say that things are a bit lax around here. The name calling, well that's just, typical rude macho behavior I guess. We all get along in our own weird way. haha

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 1, 2005 21:58

EXPERIMENT: Try on different days playing different music. One day play country, blues, then British Chamber Music. That way you can see where this Kat fits on the FM dial.................

Date: September 1, 2005 21:58

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON......!!!!
(gross)

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: September 1, 2005 22:26

I hate when people associate bands solely on the famous lead singer. I've talked to a lot of people who mention Aerosmith and U2 both as "oh i like him" or "i hate him." I'm sure Keith, The Edge and Joe Perry would like some credit, as well as the other members.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 1, 2005 22:38

I'll bet he can do the YMCA dance though! Quit your job if you have to, to get away from this loser.

Date: September 1, 2005 22:44

Oh believe me Shattered, I do that all the time. One day it could be RL Burnside, the next day it's Los Lobos, the next day Buck Owens, Faces, Black Flag, John Coltrane......etc. You get the point. These guys here DO NOT GET IT. Here lately though it has been pure Stones. I tend to listen to all things Stones. Whenever they are on tour or before a new release.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home