Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
COME ON THEY'RE HERE THATS WHAT MATTERS!!
Posted by: micawber K ()
Date: August 23, 2005 21:38

Hey Guys,

This is my first post on this forum despite the fact that I have been reading it for some time. However I felt compelled to post something because I can't believe the amount of negative comments from some about the Stones on this forum as of late.

I'm 23 , I'm from Ireland and I've been listening to the Stones for about 6 years now. I was lucky enough to see them twice in Dublin on the Licks tour in September 2003. What are all these old cronies on this forum complaining about? They absoloutely blew the point theatre apart two years ago and I bet they could do the same thing again at the blink of an eye. I'm not saying that you have to endure all the new stuff but you should at least be glad that the Stones are still able to go out and give 100%! I don't like some of the new stuff either but there are some greats songs there and let's face it, it's not humanly possible for the Stones to better exile and all the stuff that they did in the 1960's/70's! So if all these people would let go of the fantasy that they can achieve this and they would just go to the shows with an open mind and listen to the album with an open mind then they'd probaly enjoy things a lot more! The Stones don't owe the fans nothing and they have nothing left to prove, and if you feel you are owed something then nobody is making you buy the new album or go to the shows to be dissapointed because they opened with "Start Me Up" and they didn't play "coming down again". I've said my bit and I personally can't wait for the new Stones album and for the tour to land in Europe next year so I can meet some more amazing true fans of the stones in Dublin and the likes! The Stones have given me everything I want by making some of the most strikingly beautiful records and by still having the motivation to get up on that stage every night to just show how endearing the power of music actually is. Rock N' Roll is not a dead because it still brings people together! Come on the Stones!!!

Re: COME ON THEY'RE HERE THATS WHAT MATTERS!!
Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: August 23, 2005 21:41

I agree, good post!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 23, 2005 21:41

TOO @#$%& TRUE!

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 23, 2005 22:07

Ahhhh, you are so lucky not have seen them in the sixties and seventies! Then you'd understand!

No, good on you. Good attitude.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 23, 2005 22:16

hey - I've visited Dublin twice in the past year - I may come out again in '06. Love your emerald isle....

Date: August 23, 2005 23:06

Well, you'd love The Point theatre too - hope they do it again.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: August 23, 2005 23:23

Four Stone Walls: Honestly speaking, what were you expectations in the sixties and what today???? Don't you just ignore the fact that you are also a little bit older and do things differently by using e-mail interenet mobile phone etc. and also the music change. Compare to what musicians deliver today I would say Hats of for the Rolling Stones and even if I have to hear another dozen times Tumbling Dice which is also up to my ears way beyond.
micawber K Thanks for the positive post.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: August 23, 2005 23:25

well it takes a 23 year old to put a few in there place...the trouble with long term stones fans they come with a lot of baggage..as ive said before this is the stones now.and the new album is how the stones want to sound now...i was there at hyde park july 69 ....i can rembember in 72 rushing home to put exile on my record player, and thought it was ok, but it grew on me....so i for one dont expect a bigger bang to be like any other previous abum..because its what there dong now....and what ive heard of it so far sounds very promising.....heres micaawber posting for his first time,blown away by the stones at dublin on the licks tour...it warms my heart that the stones turn young fans on like micaawber....welcome to you my irish friend.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: August 23, 2005 23:27

Well I suppose I'm an old cronie in that I
grew up with the Stones in the 60's and 70's
but I agree with you Mica. Good post!

Hooray for the Stones!!!!!!!!!!

The world's
greatest Rock and Roll Band!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: August 23, 2005 23:35

Well spoken micawber!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: August 23, 2005 23:41

micawbwe, Nice post. I am also a younger Stones fan and if you have been reading this board you will notice lots of complaining. So good, some bad. But there is a reason why people come to Stones sites in the first place and its because we love the Stones.

By the way, I was at Fenway Sunday and I have never seen such a young crowd at a Stones concert. An older couple sitting next to me and my friends said the same thing.

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: August 23, 2005 23:49

Wonderfully said, Micawber.
Yes, please remember that there are some crotchedy old grandmas on this board who will never be happy again. I imagine them posting with their faces scrunched up as if they've just eaten a lemon whole, "These youngsters don't know nothin' 'bout how it was in the Golden Age!"

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: August 23, 2005 23:54

... but for many, including me, the Golden Age has never ended!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-23 23:56 by Jack Knife.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 24, 2005 00:28

YES!! We need more like young Micawber on here to put us old cronies in our proper places sometimes. Great to read this reaction from someone with a "fresh" ear.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 24, 2005 00:33

Alive in 05,,The Greatest Rock & Roll band in the world,,,,that in itself is incredible,,,keith sure is Happy

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: August 24, 2005 00:35

Stones - still the killers -still way out in front - no competion - best there's ever been - best there ever will be.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 24, 2005 00:36

>I'm 23 , I'm from Ireland and I've been listening to the Stones for about 6 years now. I was lucky enough to see them twice in Dublin on the Licks tour in September 2003. What are all these old cronies on this forum complaining about? They absoloutely blew the point theatre apart two years ago and I bet they could do the same thing again at the blink of an eye. I'm not saying that you have to endure all the new stuff but you should at least be glad that the Stones are still able to go out and give 100%!

I think you'll find most people ARE! However, its a discussion forum..that doesnt mean we all think everything they do is perfect and beyond criticism. The Stones dont either as you can see by the way Mick and Keith have argued for years between themselves!

Good to see someone else from Ireland here. i'm from Belfast (and yeah, I was at the Point shows in 2003 as well...they were excellent)

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 24, 2005 00:36

good post micawber.STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE,THE BEST ROCK-ROLL BAND.
Lot of negative post on stones,stones as band have been changing since 1964.
ITS ONLY ROCK-ROLL BUT WE LIKE IT.STONES CDS WILL BE PLAYED EVERYWHERE INCLUDING A BIG BANGER,LONG LIVE ROLLINGSTONES.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 24, 2005 00:41

In my book the best period of The Rolling Stones is from 1963 up till 2005?

To be continued....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 24, 2005 00:43

Rockman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my book the best period of The Rolling Stones
> is from 1963 up till 2005?
>
> To be continued....
>
> ROCKMAN
>
>

And, what, may I ask was wrong with 1962 Stones?

Date: August 24, 2005 00:45

not too many good records that year....

plus Charlie wasnt in the band....

Date: August 24, 2005 00:46

details, details....

I call you guys bashers for daring to diss the 1962 Rolling Stones. Floggings!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-24 00:47 by T&A.

Date: August 24, 2005 01:16

well..some purists would say they 'sold out' by 1963 by getting a record contract and making "pop" records, etc....so maybe you have a point!

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: August 24, 2005 01:31

I heard Time is on my side on the classic hits radio at work yesterday. Today I listened to It wont Take Long on my computer. No other band comes close to that stretch. Stop the whinging. I am also a younger fan. These guys are legends to look up to.

T & A, Stonestod. get a friggin life

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 24, 2005 01:33

i agree with you to
I have only seen them twice and i cant wait to see them again fingers crossed for china

Date: August 24, 2005 01:41

Hey now T&A dont get me wrong '62 was a good 'un for The Stones but I thought we were talkin' recording years...hey yeah.

ROCKMAN

Date: August 24, 2005 01:46

LOL - just 'aving fun witchas....

Date: August 24, 2005 02:00

Aw yeah I know that T&A...just firin' a stupid one back ya ole son...KABOOM!!!

All in jest

ROCKMAN

Date: August 24, 2005 02:01

now if I could just get a friggin' life.....

Date: August 24, 2005 02:33

lodge, if you are still awake and care, I was being ironic!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home