Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

So, how was the first show?
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: August 23, 2005 07:37

I just want to hear various opinions of what people thought of the opening show in Boston. I liked what Spanish Tony had to say in his thread, just want to hear what other people think too.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-23 07:39 by RankOutsider.

Re: So, how was the first show?
Date: August 23, 2005 08:38

It was great although half the set list was war horses.She's So Cold & Shattered could use a little more work even though they were good.The rest were played very well.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 23, 2005 10:18

Loud, loud, and louder. Guitars up front....talk about shearing your head off with riffs. Loved it.....Chuck was very low in the mix.

Posted by: Tumbling Dice ()
Date: August 23, 2005 13:45

With all the material they have ,I thought they played something for everyone , for being the first show of a tour they played great ,Mick was running around like he was 16 again (probly a little sore today)surprised with the b-stage ,nice setup .Was hoping for a rainbow or a Last time I think they will be tweaking the setlist to fit last time in ..Looking forward to HTFD Rock on ....Music Is Bliss.................

Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: August 23, 2005 13:53

Were there any Pyrotechnics on the first show ?
And how was the beginning with Start me up ?
Just the guys walking on stage, or with a Big Bang ?
Please let me know.
Thanks.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 23, 2005 14:00

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: August 23, 2005 14:18

Let's hope they keep the momentum throughout the entire tour and don't switch to autopilot when they reach Finland this time. Shattered and BOMH sounded very promising soundwise.

Posted by: ADRIAN_L ()
Date: August 23, 2005 14:23

As a European-based fan, i too, hope they don't switch to autopilot, come summer '06.
can't wait!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 23, 2005 15:28

Sat in row 4 and the band sounded absolutely brilliant. The setlist had something for everyone. The new songs were the real highlight. This was very encouraging. BOMH was soooo cool. The three guitar attack was great. I thought Mick played slide quite well. The song is pure Delta blues. ONNYA and RJ simply smoked. The Ray cover was also excellent, but we heard that at the rehearsal Friday night which was also a unique experience. Sit outside with a few beers and a bite to eat and heh it's the Stones playing in the background LOUD. Very exciting. The stage extention was also a good concept. I just don't think they can play much better opening night. I was proud of them. I would have loved to have gone tonight, but had to get back to work. Boston, get ready to rock again tonight. The boys are back.

Posted by: lonecrapshooter ()
Date: August 23, 2005 19:04

Well RankOutsider herxxxe are some thoughts from Lonecrapshooter. First off, Ronnie was very good on TD and throughout the show. Mick was showcasing Ronnie like I hadn't seen. The show was fresh and fast with many highlights and diversity. The guitars were high and the B-stage was so cool sliding out and back with no loss in sound. Some good jammimg on Satisfaction. It sounded very powerful on the B stage. BOB and Heartbreaker were back-to-back treats. BOB was really smooth somewhat more like 78 than recently. I am listening to my own recording as I write so this is not some foggy memory. She's So Cold sounded very 81ish to me. Miss You was very 89ish. Anybody mention Lisa on Night Time? You will no longer remember her only for Gimme Shelter. That was a killer performance by the whole band and a terrific tribute to Ray. Some vintage and nasty Mick vocals. You will want to crank this one trust me. Infamy can replace the worst and will be awesome paired with Happy. At times you felt like you were in a wild dream staring up at the Guggenheim and at other times you felt like you were in a small blues bar. Mick on slide? Another highlight. Wait until you hear the blistering weaving guitars on OOC, heavier than ever and it didn't drag on. Ditto for Sympathy. They are definitely not coasting so get your tickets now. Looks like the female climber got a little rough justice. The paper said she was "belligerent to medical staff".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home