Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

security at soldier field
Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 21, 2005 08:19

whats the search like entering soldier field?

Re: security at soldier field
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 21, 2005 08:23

drake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> whats the search like entering soldier field?

All Chicago searches can be assumed to be pretty thorough pat-downs. That goes for Rosemont, UC, Chicago Theatre, Tweeter... u name it...

Not a "breeze" by any means.

Date: August 21, 2005 17:42

thorough pat-downs... any safe areas aside aside from what i assume?

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: August 21, 2005 21:37

What are you hoping to smuggle in?

Date: August 21, 2005 21:48

thunderball Wrote:
> What are you hoping to smuggle in?

In general, I've just found CHicago to be more of a "security conscious" city than other towns...

What I've always seen is that bags / purses are almost always opened.

Men almost always have to extend their arms, & open legs for a pat down. I've had booze in my socks detected at least twice, once a small bottle in my back pocket...

My best suggestion would be to have a girlfriend bring a small camera or recorder in under her dress or something... or bring the best cell-phone cam that you can find. They haven't started confiscating cell phones yet smiling smiley, and I don't think women get the same exhaustive pat-downs that the guys do, although there are women "guards" at all the entrances and it's always a possibility.

I'm gonna experiment with those small airline size booze bottles this time... like try and rig up some crotch pocket of some kind. Haven't had a "guard" feel me up there yet, lol.

All of this really comes to perhaps the most important point... Figure on probably a 1/2 hour standing in line at the checkpoint! So if you're skipping the intro band, make sure to allow enough time to get thru security. Nothing could be worse than being in line outside and you hear the opening chords to the first stones song.

Date: August 22, 2005 00:52

I taped the Stones in Nashville during Licks. Was a breaze getting it in, but that wasnt a stadium gig. I'll be using either a minidisc recorder, a brand new cellphone that wont be released in the US until winter, or a harddrive recorder. I'd love to go minidisc so I'll see if one of the girls in our group is willing to help me out, or if an old shoe might work...

Date: August 22, 2005 00:55

drake Wrote:
> I taped the Stones in Nashville during Licks. Was
> a breaze getting it in, but that wasnt a stadium
> gig. I'll be using either a minidisc recorder, a
> brand new cellphone that wont be released in the
> US until winter, or a harddrive recorder. I'd
> love to go minidisc so I'll see if one of the
> girls in our group is willing to help me out, or
> if an old shoe might work...

The old shoe might work, but only if it's IN THE SHOE (or boot)... if anything is protruding up your ankle/in your socks, it's likely to be patted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home