Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Boston news reports
Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 20, 2005 04:02

I've heard repeatedly on several local news outlets that city commisioners / officials are communicating to the RS camp warnings about "noise level" - now I don't recall the last time I attended a RS show that I thought was Too LOUD - au contraire, at one VL stadium gig had to listen to people around me chattering OVER the music - "Shhhh - I'm trying to listen" until more than an hour into it the winds shifted, or the sound mix shifted, & it was a blast of fresh rock & roll air. So these annoying reports, w/ their implied threats to fine or intervene have me worried about the need for a big, satisfying, enveloping Sound, especially from my vantage point which is (on the 23rd) way back, & up, in section 16 or so.....Anybody seen other F'way concerts w/ opinions on this matter? Oddly the one full report I saw on local TV news had officials "warning" the RS not to go above a certain level, yet when the reporter asked various neighborhood folk if either rehearsals or the prospect of the concerts has them irritated or upset about this issue, there was a general consensus of we don't mind, except one guy who said they should have let the "neighborhood" in for free. Another said the news copters were floating above the park were far more obnoxiuous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-20 04:03 by john r.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home