Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

On Stage contest
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 17, 2005 22:59

The links given in the email newsletter from rs.com for the entry form to the on stage contest didn't work for me - every time they just landed me straight to the news page, where there was NO news about this contest, Only the old news announcing the on stage sale. But now it does have NEW news about text messaging one's way on stage. Is this the same thing as the contest mentioned in today's e-mail newsletter or something different? Someone please enlighten the dazed and confused...

Re: On Stage contest
Posted by: lodge ()
Date: August 17, 2005 23:05

check out the rs.com messages there you have enough links. be careful and know what you do. it seems like that you are only allowed per person and NOT per membership. except if you do it for the different venues.
There are big arguements about it if you go into messages.
wish you luck

Date: August 17, 2005 23:12

Thanks but I already did that and those links also didn't work for me either - I just got the same result (i.e., straight to the news page). I just looked again and can't see anything about it - that said, I can only see four posts at a time, with no apparent way of accessing earlier posts. Is this normal?!?

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: August 17, 2005 23:19

I double checked & it is only one entry per PERSON. You can not enter again for a different gig or you will be crossed off the list. BEWARE.

Note...this rule stinks...they charged $100 per memebership & I only get to use 1? What a scam!

Date: August 18, 2005 00:10

Thanks - I'll beware once I manage to find the all-elusive entry form!

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: August 18, 2005 00:29

try to login with your account at rs.com before you click the link to the form...

Date: August 18, 2005 00:42

Yeh - done that umpteen times! And there is NO link to any form!!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: August 18, 2005 00:45

Great...I signed under three different accounts...WTF ...they allowed us differenet acccounts this tour to buy tickets but now only one account here?
My accounts are all under different screen names. I hope that may help.what is your source sdstonesguy? Licks tour also said only one accout to one person to get memebership tickets...I ran three. Who really knwos?

Date: August 18, 2005 00:47

No kidding...I have 5 accounts...I almost signed up for 5 different gigs...right before entering the 2nd I realized & stopped. I guess they want to give everyone an equal chance...but hell, I PAID for a better chance.

Then again, I don't even know that I would want on-stage tix. I guess I'd try it for one gig...but I like being in the crowd.

Date: August 18, 2005 00:58

I raised this very question with rs.com when I e-mailed complaining about the non-functioning links. I'll let you know the answer when (IF??) I get a reply.

Date: August 18, 2005 01:05

Too much effort...small chance of winning & too unclear from the get go. I'll just enjoy the seats I have.

Date: August 18, 2005 01:05

PS - now when you log in they have a new banner in the top right-hand corner saying "win on stage tickets". This just goes to the news page about the text messages. So has the former "entry form" been scrapped??

Hey, Kahoosier - my fellow fan at the Wembley B-stage! Lost track of your forthcoming concerts but ENJOY! Am going from UK (OK, not as far away as you) to MSG, Giants and Albany...

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: August 18, 2005 02:15

@Beast:

It is still there and works fine for me (with a platinum and basic membership login), so I guess it could also be a browser problem on your end... Try to use a different computer or browser and see if it works then.. (btw, I use latest Internet Explorer 6 - haven´t tried it with Firefox or others yet).

Date: August 18, 2005 13:00

Thanks - you could be right. I had thought of that; I use Mac and therefore Safari and Firefox, but it works on neither, but I don't understand why. rs.com sent me the direct link in an e-mail and it doesn't work either! I'll go in search of a PC and see what happens. Typically, rs.com did not bother replying to my question about how many times a person with more than one membership could enter...

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: August 18, 2005 14:53

I received this message after my inquiry for different memberships at the same venue:

Greetings,

Hi,

We know about the various bugs on the contest form. Unfortunately, these bugs did not surface during testing.

We have now corrected the entry form. If you have already used the form and the entry was successful (you’d be led to a page thanking you for entering) then you will have no problem. There is no need to enter again. Your submission will go into the list of qualified entries. Please note that we will not be discarding any entries affected by this bug – meaning entries with issues like double last names or odd birthdays have been accepted. Your username being correct is the most important thing.

Sorry about any inconvenience and good luck.

Best regards,
Rich
Member Support

So that means for each username you can use the contest.
I tried the usernames and the it showed that I am in the contest.
I wonder how they will control all that. Anyway I do not have much hope.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: August 18, 2005 16:56

Aren't these the general admin standing room "seats"
along the back or side of the stage? Wouldn't they have
obscured sight and sound lines? Are they really an
upgrade from anywhere upfront except maybe in
the nosebleeds?

Inquiring minds want to know..............

Posted by: davido ()
Date: August 18, 2005 17:01

I seem to be having touble posting this,
hope it doesn't repeat..............

Anyway...........

Aren't these actually the general admin standing room only
"seats" along the back or front of the stage set? Wouldn't
they have obscured sound and sightline problems (ie- you
only the backs of their heads)? If so, aren't
these only an upgrade if you have a nose bleed
ticket to exchange?

Inquiring minds want to know........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home