Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Best Wishes for the "Bigger bang" tour
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: August 13, 2005 21:20

Thanks---Rolling Stones--that you are still on the road. 20 years ago i would have laughed,if anybody told me that the Stones are still touring in 2005 and Do another new Album. Rock on, boys---youre still the no. 1 Rockn Roll Band!
Best Wishes for your new World Tour. My Children and me will be there!

Re: Best Wishes for the "Bigger bang" tour
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 13, 2005 21:26

yeah - for the first time my kids are getting old enough to show interest in going. I've never been one to drag them along so they could tell their kids they saw the Stones. But, now my oldest (20) is asking me for help in getting a ticket with a buddy. That tells you something. My 17-year-old daughter isn't quite willing to relent just yet - and my 15-year-old still has his teenage head up his....well you know 15-year-olds....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-13 23:43 by StonesTod.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 13, 2005 23:38

When I bought my first Stones album Sticky Fingers in August 1971 I did not know what effect that would have on my life. Two years later I went to Sweden to see them live at Scandinavium in Gothenburg. And later on it's just been more and more Stones. I guess I did always take them for granted. Never been disappointed really. There have been ups and downs like the late 80's but they came strong in 1989 and after that it's been great all the way. I am greatful and just close my eyes looking forward. It will be a great tour indeed! Best wishes to everyone!

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 13, 2005 23:57

There's someone who regularly posts on here and his/her signature is a quote from someone or other that says "I can't imagine a world without the Rolling Stones" - or something like that.

It's SO true, I personally really can't imagine the world without them in it. The prospect of the world without them in it is too dreadful to contemplate really, so my message to the band would have to be:

<<<<<<<< Sincerely wishing you all the best for the tour, I'll be seeing you thrice in the States and many more times in Europe, so may you rock well and keep rolling for a long long time yet >>>>>>>>>>>

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 14, 2005 00:19

this tour will be the 5th show for my daughter,,,she loves the stones,,im so proud of that ,,it really hits a soft spot...cant hardly wait,,,to me every tour is like the 1st time in 1972 all over again,, they are the only band that does that to me,,,, CMON,,Let the good times roll

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: August 14, 2005 00:31

In the end there's only one band left to take rock 'n roll all the way to the grave and that's the Stones. Since my first single in 1964 I've been hooked up and never felt that I would halter on my fanship to theese guys. I was numbed by the death of Brian Jones, mourned for a long time actually. I was hurt by the departure of Mick Taylor. A bit angry on Bill's departure. But in the end there they are still. Mich, Charlie, Keith and Ronnie not forgetting Darryll Jones and the rest of the bunch. We're so happy that you still a going strong and deliver this strong music. It'll be 17th time I see a concert with the Stones and I've a feeling that this tour is gonna be greater than ever.

I also have to say that it's great to see all the buzz her on this site and thanks to BV and his hard work. He's a true Stones man, like we all are!

HAIL the STONES and OURSELVES who keep our faith with them!

HJofSweden

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 14, 2005 00:37

The best rock n' roll band in the world!Still rocking!See you in Boston.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 14, 2005 00:44

It's a way of life ... I know ... It's only rock 'n roll ... but I like it

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 14, 2005 00:54

Agreed Hansie, it´s OUR way of life!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: terry ()
Date: August 14, 2005 04:23

i just bloody love em

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 14, 2005 18:08

why yes lets wish them luck on theyre $300 million trek around the world
dont spend it all in one place guys, are you kidding me man

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 14, 2005 23:04

When you go to the store, look at the CD or Album cover and I'll bet you have a memory in YOUR life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1590
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home