Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
On Stage Tickets - Worth It?
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: August 12, 2005 15:02

Haven't bought any tickets to the Toronto show yet (have Ottawa tics though) and I'm looking for opinions on these On-Stage tics that go on sale today. I thought for the novelty it may be fun. What do you all think? Do we get a meet and greet with the band? (ha, ha!)

Re: On Stage Tickets - Worth It?
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 12, 2005 15:19

no i don't think it's cool. i think they'll put you in a corner of the stage and i think if i could pick i'd go with being in the crowd with other fans.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 12, 2005 15:27

My friends and I are going to try and get some of these onstage tix, but I suspect that as interesting as it will be to experience a gig from onstage, it probably cannot compare to being in a really good position face on, right in front of the band, and in the midst of a lively crowd. But, wouldn't it be nice to be able to do the onstage thing just once and thus be able to make the comparison ? For what it's worth, that's my take on it.

Date: August 12, 2005 16:06

I would like to do it.
If you go to a few shows, at least do it one time. I afraid you will be seeing the back ass of Mick and Keith. But still it would cool

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:14

Jackass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haven't bought any tickets to the Toronto show yet
> (have Ottawa tics though) and I'm looking for
> opinions on these On-Stage tics that go on sale
> today.

at $75 - 250, probably worth it. If you're talking about the ones being offered through brokers for $1500 or thereabouts, you need your head examined.

I thought for the novelty it may be fun.
> What do you all think? Do we get a meet and greet
> with the band? (ha, ha!)

Not a prayer

Posted by: Gramps ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:31

Bought a single $94.00 Canadian- $75.00 stage box + $16.00 convenience fee + $3.00 order processing fee. About $79.00 US. As I might not be around for the next tour, this will be a nice experience. I'll keep my other ticket for the warm ups, and hope I can use both tickets. Will we be allowed to wander between the stage and other seats during the show?

the lights on but nobody's home

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:38

I'm curious how the light and the sound will be from those vantage points. Could be wonderful, or it could horrendous. It is a once in a lifetime experience. The one drawback about being that close to the stage is you miss the essence of the stadium lights and effects.

Posted by: ratcub ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:41

I think you get a song sheet and provide backup for some of the songs! - with your cell phone held overhead (or lighter if allowed) you become the light and sound!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-12 16:42 by ratcub.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:49

What's face value for one of them ON STAGE WITH THE BOYS tickets? Think I'd rather go to an after party or a jam with them... Partied with Hubert Sumlin and his musicians at Notodden Blues Festival, Norway, this last weekend. They're nice guys, and fantastic musicians!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:51

ratcub Wrote:
> I think you get a song sheet and provide backup
> for some of the songs! - with your cell phone held
> overhead (or lighter if allowed) you become the
> light and sound!
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 08/12/05 16:42 by
> ratcub.

Like we'd need a song sheet!

Date: August 12, 2005 16:52

For Moncton Canadian $75.00 (upper boxes?) and $250.00 (lower boxes) - seating chart posted on this site

Posted by: Painted_Black ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:54

Where? What site???

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:55

if they crank up 'Don't Stop' or 'Streets Of Love' and you want to make a quick exit to the toilet, do you have to put your hand up or do they provide a bucket ?

Posted by: Painted_Black ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:56

Thanks ratcub - found your other post!!!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 12, 2005 17:09

i just scored ,,Onstage Row 1,,Section sleft,,seat 6,,,WELL ALRIGHT

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 12, 2005 17:14

Any one have an on stage single they want to sell me for the Giants Stadium New Jersey? (I know we would have to get the tickets together) I will be in NY for the MSG and albany show??? Please let me know if anyone has a ticket....

PS Chippy, how did you do it you lucky thing, all the tics were gone in less than a minute! thanks Sarah

Date: August 12, 2005 17:19

chippy Wrote:
> i just scored ,,Onstage Row 1,,Section sleft,,seat
> 6,,,WELL ALRIGHT

are there seats onstage?
i thought it was general admission once your in the box

Date: August 12, 2005 17:20

sarah ,,keep tryin,,thru out the day

Date: August 12, 2005 17:28

seat numbers are for internal purposes only - everything is ga standing room only within the box. a lot of venues/ga tickets have a seat or section number on them.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 12, 2005 20:45

just scored a pair for SBC #1 - didn't flinch at $250/pop. Box 9 - KR's side. I'm in seventh heaven. once in a lifetime experience...can't imagine why anyone would pass on this....

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: August 12, 2005 20:55

Sit behind the band for $250? I don't know why anyone would want this, unless they had bad seats to begin with. If someone has good seats to see the show, why dump em to see the backs of their heads? Sounds like a sham to me....no thanks.

Date: August 12, 2005 20:57

well - I didn't buy for SBC#1 for this very reason -hoping to score such tix. "sitting behind the band" - well I'll be closer to them than the folks in the front, row, jesse...so yeah I think that's pretty damned cool. this ain't no sham - this is the shit!

Date: August 12, 2005 21:03

im gonna ask keith for a smoke,,,ya baby

Date: August 12, 2005 21:24

If you held back for these tickets, then I can see it. However, for those who have already bought tickets, it just seems like a way to get us to buy more...which I think is the sham. I can see it being a different experience, but nothing beats the front rows of a show...IMO. Then again, these tix tend to be harder to get...so I can dig it.

Date: August 12, 2005 21:33

i suppose if I had front row tix already - I'd have passed on this. then again regarding front row - been there, done that. ain't nobody done this yet. soundwise- could be iffy - only time I was onstage during an act was for the Dead a couple of years ago - could only hear the stage monitors and it was just so-so (vocals hard to hear). I assume by 11/13 they'll have the kinks worked out for us on-stagers....

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: August 12, 2005 22:13

You guys are forgetting something. From on the stage you'll be able to hear the monitors, which is what the band uses to hear. HOW FREAKIN COOL WOULD THAT BE?

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Date: August 12, 2005 22:32

yeah, bluespeyer - except as noted above in the Dead example - what the band needs to hear is not necessarily what the audience wants to hear. i'm hoping they have something specifically in mind for sound for the on-stagers..

Date: August 12, 2005 22:48

Yeah, that can be good or bad. Keith for the most part just needs to hear himself & a bit of the band. So if you are on his side, you aren't going to hear a lot of Ronnie. This is true of most club shows if you are up front. I have been to tons of Dylan gigs right up front where you can hear the monitor & not the speakers. This can be really cool, but a bit frustrating when you want to hear other parts. It is never too big a deal though, you can generally still hear the concert well enough to get by.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 12, 2005 22:51

Who knows what it will be like But $250.00 on stage sounds better than $450.00 forty rows back on the turf.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 12, 2005 22:52

"You guys are forgetting something. From on the stage you'll be able to hear the monitors, which is what the band uses to hear. HOW FREAKIN COOL WOULD THAT BE?"

bloody terrible as anyone in a band will tell you!

the onstage sounds isn't geared for ears other than those of the band members

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home