Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Still no "Sway"???
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 10, 2005 17:25

They haven't rehearsed Sway yet. Seems like it won't be on the tour. sad smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Still no "Sway"???
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 10, 2005 17:38

Are you surprised?

Date: August 10, 2005 17:41

It just looked like there was quite the consensus that Sway had to be one of the songs a month or two ago. I'd really love to see it. They rehearsed Moonlight Mile, but they already did that in '99. So Sway is missing from SF. And I really want to hear it BAD.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 10, 2005 17:46

JKF - you "think" you want to hear it. I think an MT-less attempt at Sway might "sway" you otherwise...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 10, 2005 17:47

yeah, I feel with you. But they will never play sway live. Because, well you heard it before. All the guitars are played by Mick and Mick, it's not a song Keith has been a part of. And who's gonna play that solo?

Date: August 10, 2005 17:51

Just before BV put up the Wish-list page there was many people asking for Sway. Don't you remember that???
Also: Moonlight Mile doesn't feature Keef, but they did that before anyway.

Well, let's hope for the best.

(PS: Ronnie plays the solo). grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: August 10, 2005 17:54

yes we were many to hope that song to be played live.
Maybe Ronnie could play some slide guitar on this one..

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: August 10, 2005 18:04

Let's keep Sway a studio track, I think we will be VERY disappointed with a live version (the horror of the Ron Wood solo at the end..........)

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: August 10, 2005 20:06

I heard Sway about ten years ago by sherryl crowe in paradiso and it sounded good, i think the stones can do that also without different solo`s. It`s just a part of the song, but not the main part.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: August 10, 2005 20:29

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't do this song on this tour.Just because Mick T. is not in the band, it doesn't mean that they can't play it well.I'm sure Ronnie can do a fine slide guitar solo.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 10, 2005 20:31

Sway sas no 1 on the wish list me and Hans ("fansince1964") put together, and passed to StonesDoug, and the latter took it to one Stonesmember.
I believe they will play it.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 10, 2005 20:42

If they play it at all (doubtful) - then tonight's as likely as any show. In recent warmup gigs they've tested out "untested" material in the relatively safe settings of a warmup gig. I know we haven't seen it listed among the rehearsed songs this year, but I believe there are several songs that have been rehearsed but haven't been detected by eavesdroppers....

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 10, 2005 23:21

sometimes they add songs during the tour ,,in 94 they added "its all over now" & many more,,so keep your fingers crossed on "sway",,,,ill also take "slave"

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: August 10, 2005 23:24

Don't really know if "Sway" would be a good one live...for me "Moonlight Mile" didn't work live neither

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home