Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

US Football and the Stones
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: August 10, 2005 17:44

This may be old news:

THE ROLLING STONES SIGN AMERICAN FOOTBALL DEAL

THE ROLLING STONES will tackle the realm of American football, after signing a deal to create promos for the new season.

The rockers have signed up with US TV network ABC and the National Football League to create clips for the 2005-06 season of television show MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.

The first spots will air on 8 September (05) before the season opener between the Oakland Raiders and the New England Patriots, and will feature footage from the band's 31 August (05) Detroit, Michigan, show.

10/8/2005 02:37

Pretty cool how the Stones will air the first spot during a game featuring our beloved 3 time NFL SUPER BOWL WINNERS, THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!

Re: US Football and the Stones
Posted by: bruno ()
Date: August 10, 2005 17:54

BTW, What (real) football team do they support?? Chelsea?, Arsenal?, Tottenham Hotspurs?, Crystal Palace?, Dartford Utd.??, Gazza's Team???

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: August 10, 2005 18:03

What do you mean "real football". Over here, in the world of Neo-Con...football is played by 600 lb gorillas smiling smiley

Date: August 10, 2005 18:20

Reading your answer, I bet you know what I mean when I say "real football" grinning smiley

Posted by: eric ()
Date: August 10, 2005 18:32

Look... I guess WE could say that IF it wasnt for AMERICAN black blues... there would be no STONES or any British Invasion for that matter.....Yes Football started there.... but BLUES started here. The Kind the Stones play anyway! I will take credit for the latter and you can have the Football thing.

Date: August 10, 2005 18:36

It's kinda weird to me seeing The Stones in NFL
I didn't see this coming although i should have since McCartney did the Super Bowl
It doesn't bother me too much.
Its just strange.
Is NASCAR next?

Date: August 10, 2005 18:36

Good point, eric

Date: August 10, 2005 18:41

I'd like to see them get involved with cheerleading, women's beach volleyball, and women's gymnastics.

Date: August 10, 2005 18:42

I would like to see them do something for QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY and Keith would be the one for the make over... that would be hilarious!

Date: August 10, 2005 18:45

Yea! I wonder how many of them would walk away without a black eye

Date: August 10, 2005 18:47

I dont know I think they have a sence of humor for something like that.. IF they are PAID enough.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 10, 2005 18:48

Why? Stones always very pro gay, even in 60s, & from beginning many gay associates/friends? Did I mis interpret your point? (I've never seen a whole episode).

Date: August 10, 2005 18:52

Not anti gay...just extremely annoying individuals. They could be straight, gay, whatever.....They would hate Keith's Indian/Pirate/Gypsy look. They would try to cut his hair, make him lose the scarfs and earrings etc... Put him in a boring silk shirt and pants. I'm sure he'd tell them to eff off.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 10, 2005 19:15

OK, I was interpreting it the other way around - I'm gay & hated the whole stereotyping premise of gay men when I checked it out for 10 minutes or so. I know many gay fat slobs (like me, tho not fat)

Date: August 10, 2005 19:36

I am gay and I hate it too... I just thought the concept would be funny.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 10, 2005 20:02

what next a stones reality tv show . a nation cries out where have you gone
Mick Taylor

Date: August 10, 2005 20:15

Eric,
I think it would be funny to watch Keith battle with them. My wife watches the show but I agree....it's very stereotypical. It's almost like the are trying to be sooo hip and cool and the experts on everything.

How about a reality show:

"Who can outlast Keith". You get 5 contestants who need to try to hang out with and try to keep up with Keith's habits (good and bad) for a 2 week period during the tour. The last one standing gets to be the next Stones guitar player if Ronnie can't finish the tour.

Date: August 10, 2005 20:19

mick would get in a dress before you could say Sweet Neo-Con!!

Date: August 10, 2005 20:20

Hmmmm, imagine how the "Who can outlast Keith" reality show would have been in his teethless era... Priceless!

Date: August 10, 2005 20:34

The only person would have been Bobby Keys but he's already in! Imagine it,
You get a winner from Survivor, one from Kept, one from Trumps show, an American Idol winner, and some chump like me off the street as contestants. No one would live through it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home