Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Worst Stones LP?
Posted by: dennysmith61 ()
Date: August 1, 2005 21:57

I would vote Emotional Rescue.

It was like they knew they could get away with it after the Some Grls Smash.

Sounded like left overs from some Girls

Where the Boys go? URG Down in the Hole terrible.

I can't think of one song I like on that LP

Dance Pat 1 baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

What do you think

Re: Worst Stones LP?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: August 1, 2005 21:59

There is just no-one

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 1, 2005 22:04

I happen to really enjoy Emotional Rescue and I'm continually suprised by just how many people dislike it.

My vote goes to Black n Blue. Crazy Mama and Memory Motel are the only tracks worth salvaging from that piece of shit.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: August 1, 2005 22:08

1. Steel Wheels
2. Steel Wheels
3. Steel Wheels

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: August 1, 2005 22:09

I would definitely pick Undercover-very little going for it at all.I agree that Emotional Rescue is pretty flawed but I actually quite like a few of the cheesy tunes on there-Indian Girl,Summer Romance,Send It To Me(has anyone ever pointed out that this and Neighbors are exactly the same melody?)and All About You is a great Keith ballad whereas I can't think of a single thing on Undercover that I really like.

Date: August 1, 2005 22:10

I like Steel wheels although Hated Mixed emotions.
Not great but decent CD

Interesting

Date: August 1, 2005 22:13

Black and Blue is pretty bad though.

Posted by: stonesfool ()
Date: August 1, 2005 22:16

no contest - satanic majesties request

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: August 1, 2005 22:16

Hanns,

what's the problem with Steel Wheels? Sad, sad sad opens it very promising, and one of the best fast rocknroll track is on that album (Hold On To Your Hat). Listen to the bass line of that song. Alone that is worth buying it. Of course a lot of crap beside these, but not more, then on others. And andrewm! Undercover? Maybe there's not a whole song on it, that's really good, but the verse of she was hot is brilliant, and I like the lyrics of the title song.

Date: August 1, 2005 22:19

Santanic is pretty bad......

That may be my second but hsa a couple of good songs

So ER still beats it has worst to me.

Posted by: NoMistake ()
Date: August 1, 2005 22:28

Its a pitty that they are the last ones exept tattoo you.

1 Steel Wheels
2 B 2 B
3 voodoo lounge
4 dirty work
5 under cover
6 Emotional Rescue

the rest is realy good stuff and imposible to evaluate for me but there are ofcourse some favourites of mine...

Date: August 1, 2005 22:35

Emotional Rescue has some FANTASTIC tunes on it...

All About You - Great Keith ballad. Not as good as How Could I Stop, but still great.

Summer Romance - Excellent straightup rocker.

Let Me Go - Fun rock n roller.

Dance - Always glad to see the Stones branching out into different fields. I see this one the same way I see Miss You.

She's So Cold - Best tune on the whole album. Classic.

Down In The Hole - Interesting Blues.

It may not be the best Stones album ever but atleast it doesnt blow like Black n Blue does. Cherry O Baby?? What the hell were they thinking???? Keith does great reggae but that tune just plain sucks. HOT STUFF??????? How many people were turned off of the Stones after hearing that tune??

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 1, 2005 22:55

I agree with you about Black and Blue but Hand of Fate is the best song on it.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 1, 2005 22:57

BETWEEN THE BUTTONS IS PRETTY BAD.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 1, 2005 23:01

No particular order:
Dirty Work
Undercover
Babylon
Black'n'Blue
Satanic

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: August 1, 2005 23:02

I LIke between the Buttons

Ballads like "Backstreet girl and "She smiled sweetly are great

Black and Blue---Except "Hand of fate" and TSMR--Except "Shes a rainbow" and 2000 Man" are maybe their Weakest Albums----then Dirty work"

Date: August 1, 2005 23:03

Hand of Fate, Hey Negrita, Memory Motel, Crazy Mama... those are the redeeming tunes. Even Memory Motel isnt that great though. Live version in 98 was more compelling to me than the studio take.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 1, 2005 23:03

Undercover

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 1, 2005 23:10

I actuallt rank B2B as one of the top 10 albums, there's 3 very week songs (Gunface, You DHTMI and Thief), but the rest are classics. Worst: Voodoo Lounge, then Dirty Work, although even this album has some good songs like Had it With You and Sleep Tonight.

Mathijs

Date: August 1, 2005 23:10

All those songs on Er you mentioned I hated .

Summer Romance sounds like they made it up in ten seconds.

Two each his own.

Posted by: stonesfool ()
Date: August 1, 2005 23:15

I like black and blue.

Hand of Fate is a Stones classic. Hot Stuff, Fool to Cry and Memory Motel are good songs, imho.

Re: Emotional Rescue
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 1, 2005 23:19

i've been taking lessons in How to Dig ER.
i love one track on it; i like a few of them; i'm hoping to get better at it someday.
there is one other Stones album i don't resonate too strongly to - but that's my loss, innit.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: August 1, 2005 23:30

Down In The Hole is an awesome blues song.I also like Gunface very much.As Charlie Watts once said it has some similarities to old Howlin' Wolf material theme wise.It's kind of like blues meets late 90's rock & production.I think that You Don't Have To Mean It and Thief In The Night are better live.The two worst songs off that album in my opinion are Always Suffering and Might As Well Get Juiced although I like the live version of Juiced.Their worst album I would say would have to be Majesties then Between The Buttons then Black and Blue because,despite some good songs,there are just not enough of them on the album.I think the live versions of Memory Motel are one of the few examples of live Stones songs that don't match the quality of the studio versions.They always skip the verse about Baton Rouge & San Antonio.They don't usually totally butcher it but,I believe the Dave Mattews version(s) are some of the worst.I'm a big fan of the post '80 albums.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 1, 2005 23:36

Probably Dirty Work. But like already said even this album has some great songs: One Hit, Had It With You, Sleep Tonight. I even like Fight, Dirty Work & Harlem Shuffle.

That's pretty good for the worst album.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 1, 2005 23:43

Dirty Work, Emotional Rescue & Undercover.....the sorry work on Diry Work and Undercover killed the Stones commercially in the 80's......it was their Give My Regards to Broadstreet.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: August 2, 2005 00:45

I like almost everything!! If I have to choose the worst album to me should be Dirty Work. But on the otherhand I like One Hit, Harlem Shuffle, Too Rude, Had It With You and Sleep Tonight.

I like B2B a lot, except for Low Down, Too Tight and Always Suffering (boring to me). It's all personal of course. Actually I don't think in worst or best albums anymore with the Stones. I like 'm all. When it's not the whole album, then at least a few songs on them.

Of course their highlights are from 68-72. Nowadays the only real complaint I can come up with is the lack of a great and extended guitar solo in the songs. That's the only thing I miss.

Posted by: complicated ()
Date: August 2, 2005 00:51

Bridges to Babylon, Undercover and Dirty Work. The only song that would make my career-spanning box set from those three is probably "One Hit to the Body." I may have been disappointed with Santanic's, Black & Blue & Emotional Rescue when they originally came out but many of those songs have since grown on me and have stood the test of time. I can't say that about any songs on the three albums mentioned prior except for "One Hit" which sounded really good on the Steel Wheels tour in 1989, it's too bad they eventually dumped it.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 2, 2005 00:54

Undercover is their worst by a landslide. The songs just suck. It is the only Stones studio album that I have trouble listening to all the way through.

Date: August 2, 2005 00:59

I agree totally with Mathijs. B2B is very strong. Voodoo Lounge and Dirty Work are rather weak.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 2, 2005 01:29

I always loved Voodoo Lounge.....a group of us during that time (94) used to frequent a great Pensacola Beach bar named the Sandshaker. Every time we hit the bar we'd play selected cuts from VL. We used to howl at the seedy bar line in Love Is Strong.....perfect for the Sandshaker. Love Is Strong, Sparks Will Fly, The Worst, You Got Me Rocking, I Go Wild, ....we just had the joing jumping with those songs. I saw 6 shows from the VL tour....I just can't imagine that people think VL is a weak album.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home