Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What do you feel
Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:03

With the upcoming tour, the new album, the articles, and of course the 4 numbers we`ve been already heard, I begin to getting nervous.
Never thought it will be ever happened to me, because i`m allready 40 years old, and i see allot of things in my life, and following the stones active from the age of 11 or 12 years old, I still be nervous when i see them.
How is that with you folks?

Re: What do you feel
Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:21

Nervous in what sense? I'm a little older than you, & the Stones have been a big influence/part of my life since age 11 - 12, too.

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:26

To follow everything, staying on the internet for wayyy past bedtime :-), just get chickenspot, or something when i here the new numbers feeling the adraline to my whole body.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:28

More interested in the new record than the new tour for various reasons, mostly down to the novelty of the band actually producing new material (in addition to which, based on what I've heard so far, sounds promising)

The tour's less exciting than last time for me because it seems to be preodominantly a stadium type tour, which makes for less interesting shows. The fact that the band have changed their mind about smaller venues hasnt helped.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:28

I have a bigger pulse every time I go to a show. Just as I walk towards the venue my heart starts beating faster and I know I am in for something special. Every time. There is no cure for it, except for attending the actual show. And then I am fine. Always.

Bjornulf

Posted by: salar ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:35

wild_horse_pete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With the upcoming tour, the new album, the
> articles, and of course the 4 numbers we`ve been
> already heard, I begin to getting nervous.
> Never thought it will be ever happened to me,
> because i`m allready 40 years old, and i see allot
> of things in my life, and following the stones
> active from the age of 11 or 12 years old, I still
> be nervous when i see them.
> How is that with you folks?

Hi,
welcome in the Club Wild_horse_pete
that`s why you and me and most of the others on this forum are Hard-Core stones fans...
See you on the BIGGER BANG tour....formerly known as the ONSTAGE tour.
salar

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:43

Yes,

I'm with Bjornulf on this one. I just get such a rush in the build up to when they actually explode onto the stage, that I could see it again and again and again. As for "what do I feel" ?? Well, having just booked my flight from London to NY and having heard from a friend yesterday that she had managed to get us great seats for the Albany show, I am currently in Rolling Stones heaven. A week in NYC and three shows in six days !

Date: August 3, 2005 20:02

For me it is seeing tour announcements in the newspapers,by the Stones themselves, when I saw the article in a USA Today as I was walking down the street, back before the Licks tour, I immediately smiled, then just broke out laughing, saying to myself, 'Yes! All Right!!' and that smile was there the rest of the day. although nobody but other hardcore Stones fans will understand.
at that time I wasn't aware of this board, but it wasn't long before I found it.
So now, one can know of the Stones' moves before the general public, thanks to IORR!
I look forward to all the new articles, interviews, journalism pertaining to the Stones, etc...oh, not to mention the new disc, and the shows!
thanks!
DR

Posted by: dennysmith61 ()
Date: August 3, 2005 20:03

I fel the same way a certain excitement.

Nort since 89 I have benn this excited over a tour.

BTW you mentioned 4 numbers I have herd three SOL RJ ONYA

WHt is the other?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 3, 2005 21:29

Back of my hand

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: August 3, 2005 21:53

WILD HORSE PETE, that is precisely WHY we're called HARD CORE FANS because like you and BJORNULF, I get nervous before a tour starts, so much so that it disturbs my sleep! On opening night I'll be a nervous wreck, walking in I'll be a mess! It's like I tense up because I want them to be perfect and knock the critics on their asses and I take it REAL PERSONAL should a critic say an unkind thing about MY BAND! My heart " beats louder than a big base drum" just before the FIRST SHOW is about to start, and actually before all Stones shows! It is not something we can explain to non-fans, so don't even try. My boyfriend and best girlfriend are set to have me committed! They're jealous becausethey don't have one thing that they're that passionate about and they DO KNOW that they're missing out on a big thrill.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 3, 2005 23:35

Mixed Emotions

Posted by: voodoo ()
Date: August 4, 2005 00:12

By now, I'm getting more nervous with every day. It's only 18 days till tourstart - first thing in the morning when I enter my shop, I pull off a sheet from my tour-countdown-calender, giving my ladies a warm "good morning, only 18 days left" smile. Next thing, put in the CD with the 4 new songs and listen (to be repeated during the whole day). Shop window decoration is ready (Stones items from my collection, some exotic flowers, Sir Mick dummy, dressed in black leather, Stones tongue made of flowers..)
18 days from now - Boston we're coming!!!!!!!
Susan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home