Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

original version of Might as Well Get Juiced
Posted by: carlito ()
Date: July 29, 2005 02:17

Anyone heard this original verison, the one that Keith claims is so much better than the one on BTB?

Re: original version of Might as Well Get Juiced
Date: July 29, 2005 02:47

I think he said the one on the album is the original version that he luckily had taped before the Dust Brothers got involved and produced worse versions.I remember reading that somewhere.I much prefer the live version from N.Y. '98.I also remember hearing that Babyface produced some versions of Already Over Me that didn't make the album.It ended up being recorded live in the studio according to the Stones.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 29, 2005 02:52

But the Dust Brothers worked on this (B2cool smiley version, which I like. Remember the publicity about the session w/producer L.A. Babyface (?) Mick did, then opted not to include (thank goddess). Only B2B O.T. I know is 1998's "Any Way You Look At It", a nice understated ballad.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 29, 2005 09:29

Barney Hoskins interveiw with Keith Richards MOJO #48 November 1997

BH: I heard that you weren't too enarmoured of the Dust Brothers' approach to recording,but Might As Well Get Juiced really Cooks

Keith: Yeah, but I got a monster version of Juiced that really cooks like a mother, maaaaaaaan. It's still an interesting trip, if you dunno you got another in the can that burn the @#$%& outta that one! y'dig? Actually, I had very little to do with them. I'm like, "Whaddya want me to do?" And they're like, "Oh, just do what you always do." I'm thinking, That's producing?!?

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home