Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Didn´t they hire that raggedy dog for the new video? For the Streets Of Love video???
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 25, 2005 15:10

So if Streets Of Love really is the new single, I can´t really
imagine a @#$%& up dog in ballad. It only fits to ROUGH JUSTICE...
or another uptempo song;-)

Re: Didn´t they hire that raggedy dog for the new video? For the Streets Of Love video???
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 25, 2005 15:30

i think that recent reference to the three-legged dog was just a rehashing of a story from the Wicked As It Seems video shoot. the "article", such as it was, didn't actually state that it was about a current event ...

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Re: Didn´t they hire that raggedy dog for the new video? For the Streets Of Love video???
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 25, 2005 15:55

Sounds different here:

STONES DEMAND LAME DOG FOR PROMO

THE ROLLING STONES

British rockers THE ROLLING STONES demanded a lame dog for their latest promotional video - and were horrified when an agency offered to disable a pooch to comply with their request.

The SATISFACTION stars were amazed there were people prepared to disfigure an animal for them, but have not confirmed or denied reports they used the dog in the quirky video.

Guitarist KEITH RICHARDS says, "Our director thought a dog should be 'weird' or 'disfigured', so they called up some agency and the word came back: 'We can get you a lame dog by noon - which leg do you want missing?"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 25, 2005 20:43

hm, see i don't see any reference at all to the timeframe of that story - i think the "news service" just coughed that up because they had nothing better to run that day. the fact that it was a Winos video wouldn't stop 'em from calling it a Stones promo, and the fact that it happened in 1993 ... well, they don't say it happened recently, do they.

i *am* just speculating - maybe going too much on my own experiences as editor of a really cheesy rag back in the day - but at the same time i don't know if it seems real likely that the Stones would re-use an image from a Winos promo.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-25 20:44 by with sssoul.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home