Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Record in SACD format!?
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 25, 2005 15:15

Hi!

Has anybody an idea of how chances are that there will be an SACD -release of the new album!? I hope there will be one as a lot of Stonesfans bought a SACD player for the ABKCO remasters.

cu Stoneswolf

Re: New Record in SACD format!?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 25, 2005 15:31

zero chance.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 25, 2005 16:03

So why?

The last Bowie records were all also issued as SACDs.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 25, 2005 18:17

the format is a flop (commercially) - that's why. newer dylan products aren't being released on SACD anymore after their big initial push. 40Licks wasn't either, after the big ABKCO push. just ain't gonna happen.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 25, 2005 19:19

I agree that the format is a flop. But right now, I am listening to US Aftermath on my Sony XA-9000ES SACD player, Arcam FMJ-A32 amp, and Wilson Benesch speakers, and the instrumental break of "Under My Thumb" is playing -- the Bill's bass and Keith's guitar resonating warmly in my room -- WOW. I am going to treasure my SACD's; maybe someday I'll replace them with high-end analogue pressings, but I am not sure it'll be better than this.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 25, 2005 19:24

SHit. Now it's the instrumental break of Doncha Bother Me, with Mick's harmonica dead center in the soundfield!! Sorry, got carried away . . . . .

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 25, 2005 21:11

Drbryant, nice system! It seems that the majority of new SACD releases are in the classical field. I haven't heard any classical SACD's but I'm sure they must sound awesome. You need to get (if you already don't have) Dark Side Of The Moon which was rereleased as a hybrid SACD a couple years back in 5.1 surround sound. That's awesome!
If the format is to survive, it'll have to be in the form of the hybrid SACD's like the ABKCO releases were.

I would like to see the new CD released as a new "dual disc" format, where one side is a regular CD and the other is a DVD, most likely a documentary. I bought Back In Black recently like this and it's a really great idea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1371
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home