Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shows in a Stadium w. a Retractable Roof
Date: July 21, 2005 16:07

As many concerts as I have on cd,I don't have many DVDs so,I have never been to or seen a concert in a stadium with a retractable roof.My question is this : a)Do they close the roof,leave it open,or does it depend on the wheather?I would have to guess that they close it. & b)I know it varies by venue but,is the sound significantly better in a dome or in a stadium with a closed roof?Any thoughts are appreciated.

Re: Shows in a Stadium w. a Retractable Roof
Date: July 21, 2005 16:15

By wheather I meant weather.I seem to be having some typing problems lately.If anyone is wondering,the Theif instead of Thief is intentional.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: July 21, 2005 16:39

Houston's Reliant Stadium was closed for its January 25, 2003 show. It was kind of cold but I think they would close it at any show. I think its closed so there is no chance for problems with weather. Plus, why freeze your ass off at a concert if you don't have to?

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 21, 2005 16:42

The Amsterdam Arena has a retractable roof. They always close it for concerts wich makes the sound awfull!!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: joyride ()
Date: July 21, 2005 16:47

Same thing for the Skydome in Toronto. They always have it closed as well. The Stones always seem to play in Toronto in September or October so the weather is cool.
I have seem them indoors and outdoors and I prefer the sound outdoors because it doesn't echo, but all Stones shows are fantastic regardless!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 21, 2005 18:06

Wuudy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Amsterdam Arena has a retractable roof. They
> always close it for concerts wich makes the sound
> awfull!!!!!
>
> Cheers,
> Wuudy

Sad but true.

The new Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen-Germany also has this kind of roof, and the Stones may use the venue in 2006.
Some other stadiums in Germany which are being built for the World Cup also may have this kind of roof ( Dusseldorf ?)

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1543
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home