Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brixton Academy
Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: July 19, 2005 18:45

I can’t believe it is 10 years ago today, the best Stones show I have ever seen. From the opening HTW, through the rarely played material/acoustic set. For just over 2 hours I was in rock ‘n’ roll heaven.

Re: Brixton Academy
Posted by: tonym ()
Date: July 19, 2005 19:11

Can't believe it was 10 years ago - like you a night I will never ever forget and in my opinion easily the best of the London club shows. Much better than Shepherds Bush or the Astoria. The excitement of seeing the Stones in such a brilliant venue will live with me forever and the strange this is they kept the numbers down - it wasn't anywhere near as packed as other gigs I've seen at Brixton.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 19, 2005 19:18

Yes, BA was really great. But Cirkus Krone was even much much better!

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: July 19, 2005 21:08

No no, friends, the top three of all time Stones club gigs goes:

1. Vredenburg, Utrecht
2. Brixton Academy
3. Cirkus Krone, Munich

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 20, 2005 00:18

Oh boy, really Vredenburg?! Was sitting on side of the stage and had close view how angry Mick was about Ronnie most of the show! Was no fun watching. But anyway, it's a subjective matter. And if one likes Ronnies clowning with the umbrella and coffee and a relative playing time of 30% it might be OK. Even Keith was somewhat angry but tried to take it with humour (when Ronnie finished his coffee we can go on with the show!)

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 20, 2005 00:20

Sometimes anger can express itself in a brilliant performance! But the only theatre show I ever saw was Wiltern. I LOVE the Brixton bootleg though.

Posted by: Blondie ()
Date: July 20, 2005 18:53

First time they played "black limousine" since 1982; the last time they played it till now.
One of many great memories for me.

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: July 20, 2005 19:21

Managed to get in the Cirkus Krone and Olympia on the Licks tour. Cirkus Krone is my best concert ever. I still feel the heat and vibes of that one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home