Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Neocon
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 18, 2005 13:11

I hope they don't drop this one. I like a bit of controversy.

I also think that such a track would stir up a media hornets nest and put the Stones back in the headlines.

I don't want them to turn into another Bono, but they have always had some songs with political comments and references to what's going on at that time.

Heartbreaker, Highwire, Street Fighting Man etc are classic examples of this. Even songs like respectable had a political edge.

I don't mind if the song criticises Condoleezza Rice. (Interesting fact that she was on the board of directors for Chevron, among other companies). Perhaps they could change that particular lyric if it upsets the lawers, but I hope they don't cut the whole song.

Claudine was an example of a song that would have made an album but was left off for similar reasons.

Re: Neocon
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 18, 2005 13:29

I would love to have it on the CD.
Then we could fight about politics here and it would not even be off topic!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: July 18, 2005 14:29

Lorenz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would love to have it on the CD.
> Then we could fight about politics here and it
> would not even be off topic!
>
>

LOL

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 18, 2005 16:46

Yes, Neocon on the CD. WHY NOT?

Like SFM, SFTD, Salt Of The Earth, Sweet Black Angel, Heartbreaker, Indian Girl, Undercover, Rock And The Hard Place, Highwire, etc

I need it more than ever...

If the Stones have to say something political now, i want to hear their comments. I can't wait!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 18, 2005 17:42

If Neocon is a good song then: yes, of course it should be on the album. If it sounds like Emotional Rescue or something, then for @#$%&'s sake leave it out.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: July 18, 2005 21:09

I may not agree with the politics but leave it on the albulm if its not horrible. I want to hear exactly it from the Horse's mouth so to speak

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home