Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones arrive for rehearsals
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 15, 2005 15:13

Couple of shots of Keith & Charlie arriving at Greenwood rehearsals 14 July have been posted over at ROCKS OFF...Keith looks like he's itchin' to play!

[www.novogate.com]

ROCKMAN

Re: Stones arrive for rehearsals
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 15, 2005 17:21

The party starts. Let's rock!

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: July 15, 2005 19:07

Wouldnt it be cool to have a few days off and be able to go hang out in the Greenwood area for a couple days? I would go to the local hole in the wall pub and sit at the bar and drink beer and just hope , just maybe , Keith walks in for a relaxing drink or 2, hoping not to get recognized too much. and maybe be able to chat with him for a while.

Ok, time to wake up.

just fantasizing, sorry

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: July 15, 2005 19:10

Hoping not to get recognized? Not likely but it would be cool to have Keith walk into my local, sit down and order a comptemplative pint and then just shoot the breeze with him about this and that....and then I woke up!

Date: July 15, 2005 19:19

I wonder if anyone here has had that happen, id ont mean with one of the stones nessesarily, but with any rocker. A chance meeting in a pub. A coincidental run-in in a quiet hometown bar.

let me know

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: July 15, 2005 19:25

I met Little Stevie Van Zant (E Street Band) that way in New York during the 80s. We were sitting in a bar in the Village and in walks this gypsy and my buddy said the guy was a freak and when I looked over it was Little Stevie. I went over, shook hands, asked him about Born in The USA and he bought us a beer.

Date: July 15, 2005 19:29

wow, thats cool as hell. The only moment like that that i ever had was in some town outside atlanta about 5 years ago. I was sent down there from work and i went in a bar and there was this small 3 piece house band playing. turns out the singer was ted nugents onld singer,(derek something i think, i forget his name)
anyway he would come and sit at the bar next to me between sets and me being from detroit (like nugent), we had alot to talk about. it was kinda cool i guess.

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: July 15, 2005 19:55

Derek St Holmes

[www.derekstholmes.com]

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: July 15, 2005 21:31

I wonder which CD he's got in his left hand? Maybe Some Girls?

Date: July 16, 2005 01:47

I met Harry Dean Stanton in a pizza shop once...he was dressed in denim and had on a black cowboy hat. He was alone so said a hello to him and we exchanged a hand shake...he asked my name and then we mainly chatted about the food....hell of a nice guy.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 16, 2005 02:05

Robert Plant's been known to visit a pub/venue near me called the Robin on occassions. he even got onstage and played there once with Fred Zeppelin

Noddy Holder sometimes drinks in a pub around the corner to

sadly, i haven't bumped into either yet yawning smiley(

a smaller, non glamourous town you'd be hard pushed to find

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 16, 2005 02:58

Is anyone thinking of going up to Toronto? I know Amtrak takes you right up no muss, no fuss, no driving! I was reading posts on Doug's Board and Mick and Charlie are out there talking to fans, signing shirts and cds and being really sweet! Keith is being evasive, which I find strange! Ronnie was there but I'll have to reread what the fans said about his visibility. I REALLY want to go up, TONIGHT!

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: July 16, 2005 03:57

Did anyone see what the design was on Keith's t-shirt?

Date: July 16, 2005 04:24

Keith's still on the fags..looks like a packet of Marlboro on the front console.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 16, 2005 06:31

andy js Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Noddy Holder sometimes drinks in a pub around the
> corner to

---
(...Even if we lost the serious issue here... )
Please, tell me where -
Wolverhampton?

BTW thanks Rockman... !
And thank you Mr Jimmy at Rocks Off!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-16 14:16 by Baboon Bro.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home