Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Turning People On To The Stones
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 12, 2005 22:04

I know there have been posts about this before but I wanted to share this. A good friend of mine who I have known for years just last week went and bought 9 Stones albums from Amazon. I told him which ones to get and he went out and bought them all. He has always been a fan of classic rock and liked the Stones but didn't really own much of their stuff, just a few bootlegs and copies I made for him. He always was more into stuff like the Dead, Doors and so on. So his cds came in the mail and I have been getting email after email from him telling me how he can't beleive how great the cds are and asking me all these questions about them. And he asked me which other cds are must haves because he wants them all... Below is one little comment he made to me which I thought was great..

"its funny, I always have liked the Beatles and Rolling Stones and heard their songs and liked them.. but, this is tbe first time I have bought their albums and have been listening to just them at the same time. I'm sure a lot of other people have said this but, The Stones are like a Satanic version of the Beatles. You know? I'm sure people have made that comparison before.. Its true though. I like them both but the Stones much, much better..

Re: Turning People On To The Stones
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 12, 2005 23:02

Great! One more addict...and it´s your fault;-)

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 12, 2005 23:42

Another cherry popped!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: July 13, 2005 20:39

I also have turned a friend on to the Stones. He too likes mostly classic rock but I gave him a copy of Welcome to New york and he is now a convert! Has been downloading all the Jimmy Miller produced discs. I think when people hear some of the live boots, they are blown away.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1233
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home