Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Your worst concert ever
Posted by: bartman ()
Date: May 29, 2005 11:12

What your worst experience in concert history?

Allright, I tell you mine. Before I became a diehard Stonesfan I walked the road of rap and hiphop. I listened to (gangsta) rap like NWA and stuff like that. That was in the end of the 80's. If I look back now at that time, I don't know why I ever liked it in the first place.

Back in the beginning of the 90's I also went to a Vanilla Ice concert. It's one of my best kept secrets so far, but I want it to share it with you. Ok guys, you can shoot me for that if you want. It was the most horrible gig I've ever seen. He played in Ahoy'Rotterdam wit a capacity of 10.000 people. But there were only 800 people I guess. The Ice was alrready melting..

Re: Your worst concert ever
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 29, 2005 11:18

The Kinks, because I had a very bad LSD trip.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 29, 2005 11:32

Santana - Melbourne 1976. Around the time of Lotus...Carlos was into meditation and it sure influenced his music so much so that I slept through most of the show.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 29, 2005 11:52

Dylan with GE Smith on Guitar, Indianapolis, Deer Creek, mid to late 80's. People were walking out, most songs were half way over b4 you recognized them, and he had a real f%#k you attitude.

Second worst, the Stones Cleveland 1978.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 29, 2005 11:53

as strange as it may seem, the worst gig i've ever attended was by Mick Taylor a few years back in Bilston (UK)

being a massive fan of his time in the Stones i went along expecting some good stuff however it was dire. total pub rock bollocks, no passion, no soul, no groove. nothing

words cannot describe how bloody awful it was

Posted by: tylerdurden ()
Date: May 29, 2005 12:28

Probably George Benson and Buddy Guy. Buddy was fantastic but we left 3 songs into Benson's set. Jerking off with a guitar is also best done in privte and without an audience

Posted by: buchie ()
Date: May 29, 2005 13:17

UB40-MECC-MAASTRICHT - 1991
It was so boring after 15 minutes. every song sounded like the one before.

CHICKS ON SPEED- OPENING ACT RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS ARENA- AMSTERDAM -2004
I know it's not a headliner but really the worst sound, the worst music, the worst show ever performed on this planet.

WORST STONES SHOW EVER; NONE!!!!

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 29, 2005 13:31

Worst:

Stones Gothenburg 1998 (sorry)
Iggy Pop Stockholm 1994 (Love him but the concert sucked)
John Mayal, Skeppsholmen 1990 (?)
Macca Globen 1993 (not bad really, he played good and all but you know, maccas 90s...squeezing n shakin the comeback-hair)

Best ones:

Bruce Globen 1992 (I actually loved that concert)
U2 Globen 1992
Bob Gothenburg 1992
BB King, Skeppsholmen 1991(1990?)
Stones Stadion 1995
Some moron with a harmonica at Slussen, Stockholm. He cant play anything but baby he blows that thing with passion.
LA forum 1975 (I had a dream where I played with them onstage. Man I was awful but they didnt care.)

So-so:
David Bowie Globen 1996

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: May 29, 2005 14:10

I've seen LOADS of bands in my time from 1985 onwards, but I have to say that the worst gig I ever attended was as recently as last November (I think):

THE DOVES

Absolute fcuking garbage. Terrible. So, so bad.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: May 29, 2005 14:36

Joram...........echt?!

Ok, I went to see Krezip just before they got big in Holland (2000). I did it for some 'bakvis' who liked this band. 15 year old girls singing about love.....

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 29, 2005 15:32

Jerry lee lewis, paradiso 2004
the rolling stones Amsterdam Arena, 08-19-2003

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: May 29, 2005 15:38

marillion 2001
tori amos 2003

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 29, 2005 15:48

Bowie - glass spider tour wembley 87
guns and roses - wembley 91
chuck berry - 2004 - he woke up for last 2 songs !

Worst Stones - Edinburgh 99 (only because of nosebleed seat )

Bon Jovi - all of them ! - my wife's a fan.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 29, 2005 16:46

Not considering the opening acts :

INXS in 1993 in Paris for the Welcome to wherever you are Tour.
Can't explain my feeling, but I gess they had lost it

SANTANA on th supernatural tour (Paris also).
I didn't get into the show - boring

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: May 29, 2005 19:25

After years of waiting to see PRINCE, I bought 2 great seats last August for my boyfriend's birthday gift! It was at the fleet Center, Boston and there was NO WARM UP BAND, the show was supposed to start at 7pm and Prince never showed up until after 9!!! We all sat for 2 hours plus SO we were pissed before he came on, he offered no real apology and delivered a lack-luster performance! I am no great fan of Prince now! I would have to say he is over-rated( although I know he CAN play a mean guitar).

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 29, 2005 19:34

stones philly 78, just dreadful

Posted by: johang ()
Date: May 29, 2005 20:32

Stones Vancouver 1989 had bad seats music sounded as it came from a can...

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: May 29, 2005 20:46

Stones in Stade de France 2003..sound was awful.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 29, 2005 20:57

Led Zeppelin at boston garden '73 - and I was a big fan when I was a young kid - very post 60s: sloppy, long self-indulgent solos, melodramatic, too loud - & the audience was rather violent & young and dumb & full of...quaaludes & Boone's Farm? Equipped w/ M80s or cherry bombs thrown from balconies to lower tiers, too...saw a girl leaving w/ blood on her arm, ugh, unpleasent
Chuck Berry, w/ pickup band, circa 1980?? Outdoor show, phoned in, 'My Ding-a-Ling'...
BB King at some tent show - going thru the motions, very predictable set of standards, & not much guitar, mid 80s (?)
And those guys I respect - for some reason in middle school I went w/ friends to Foghat/Montrose/Robin Trower - Robin wasnt bad, but Hogfat did a long(er), SLOW(er) version of 'Slow Ride'....
First time I saw Mick Taylor, the debut tour (87?) 6 or 8 blues standards, unrehearsed, w/ a large bass player who sang in the worst jiveass overdone manner, MT off to the side - you'd never known it was his show. 2 Years later saw him again (I really am a Stones loyalist) & he was much much better - even wrote a couple new songs (cf the 1990 live album)
Depece Mode - a girl at work invited me in 84. Felt old (I was in my early 20s)

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: May 29, 2005 21:47

Recent conserts with Lou Reed..... has become boringly serious....

Macca - his happy joyful conserts.... halleluja - don't know why I go to his conserts, probably don't know what to do with my money.....

Deep Purple 25'th anniversary consert in Copenhagen...... Blackmore completely without spirit.....

Worst Stones audience - Copenhagen Licks show - most of the people sitting down.... how come you do that in a consert during Satisfaction, BS, JJF, SFM etc....?????

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: May 29, 2005 22:06

David Bowie, Spiritualized and Primal Screem at Lollipop fetsival, Sweden 1996 (?)

Had to leave after every gig after two or three songs, terrible music. Fogerty rocked like hell at that festival though.

Posted by: mark ()
Date: May 29, 2005 22:36

Gordon Lightfoot.....in an arena. Could hear the people yelling in the top rows to turn it up, over the PA. Had to sing your own lyrics to get anything out of it at all.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 30, 2005 02:07

Eric Clapton. I don't remeber the year,
but he had Phil Collins playing drums.
Oh, God.
What was I doing there?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 30, 2005 02:56

Did Phil do a mini set with "You Cant Hurry Love" and (sp?) "Sussudio?"

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 30, 2005 04:57

john r Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did Phil do a mini set with "You Cant Hurry Love"
> and (sp?) "Sussudio?"

No, he was just playing drums. This was back when Phil Collins
{and Jeff Lynne) were everywhere. I had seen Clapton about 2 years before
and thought he was really good. This time, he had a stripped down band
with just keyboards, Collins, and bass. He played for a little more
than an hour playing lousy songs with no groove or feeling whatsoever.

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: May 30, 2005 07:38

Springsteen Ghost of Tom Joad CCH Hamburg 1996

Missed out to sell my ticket before for 5times the price and then slept through the show, soooo boring and the seats like in a plushy cinema, soooo comfortable.

Only thing i remember nice twist on Born in the USA on accustic guitar.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 30, 2005 11:20

country honk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Worst Stones audience - Copenhagen Licks show -
> most of the people sitting down.... how come you
> do that in a consert during Satisfaction, BS, JJF,
> SFM etc....?????

Warhorses...

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 30, 2005 15:43

Worst ever was Frankie Goes to Hollywood. There was this HUGE HUGE hype for them in USA that year. It was like the Beatles coming. And they were so boring. The most exciting guy was the BU guy. The gay dude who only dances, But the front man Holly was boring. I walked out. And I was drunk too.
Boring was Mick Taylor in small club.
Best ever was James Blood Ulmer. I was in a city where black and white was very divided. But for this show it was packed with all homeboys and punks together. Very hot.
Another excellent show was Psychedelic Furs on the Mirror Moves tour. Richard Butler came out and tore it up. And Tim Butler on Bass was mouthing the words to every tune to the chicas in front row.
Jane's Addiction coming out doing "Up The Beach" was impressive. Crowd goin crazy.
I saw Santana as a kid on the Lotus stage and liked it. It all smelled like incense in green lights.
Stones in 78 in Philly I was there too where melillo says it sucked. I guess it did but it was my first Stones show and I loved it.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 30, 2005 15:59

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - 1976 - Macon, GA

What was I even doing there?????

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: May 30, 2005 16:40

I'm with Kahoosier on this one. Dylan (who I like), Dayton, OH sometime back in the 80s. He opened with "Tangled Up In Blue," one of my favorites of his. He was 3/4 of the way through the song before I even knew what the hell he was playing. You couldn't understand anything, and he had on some @#$%& hat with a large brim all the way around his head which prevented the overhead spotlight from illuminating any of his face. Very bizarre.

Saw him a couple of years ago, much better.

I know his reputation for being sometimes awful and sometimes great. Guess I've seen both.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home