Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live8: At least Lisa Fisher was there
Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: July 3, 2005 02:12

Its funny nobody saw her. She sang with Madonna.

Re: Live8: At least Lisa Fisher was there
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 3, 2005 02:15

Not seen her? You couldn't miss her

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 3, 2005 12:06

Everybody saw her.

Posted by: salar ()
Date: July 3, 2005 14:45

yeah....I did not recognize her at first...then I realized
and I said to myself...
damned..that women does sing like Lisa Fisher....and than I saw, that she was looking like Lisa, too....but...Lisa has put on some weight, didn`t she ??

By the way...I liked the whole LIVE 8 concert...of course you have lot´s of low downs...if you have so many different kind of bands...and different kind of music....
but seing Madonna, R. Williams...U2...PMC, Pink Floyd..The WHO...there have been many gtreat moments to watch..

see u on the tour
Salar

Posted by: roby ()
Date: July 4, 2005 10:34

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: July 4, 2005 14:01

Oh, Lisa sang wonderfully! As allways. And yes, she has put on some weight, but who cares! Madonna still looked like an expencively dressed skelleton, and she can't sing!!! I'd rather see and hear a lovely Lisa, with some extra weight and a fantastic voice, than a skinny Madonna with an ordinairy voice. God knows how she got to where she is...
Every time I see her, I get the same feeling as when I see a ship in a bottle: OK, ok, I see you're there, but I just don't know how the hell you got there... With Lisa, it's the opposite: You've got the talent, THE VOICE, the personality, great looks, and you're not a superstar. Life's unfair.

Posted by: LISMM63 ()
Date: July 4, 2005 14:09

She's not a superstar for a reason, think about it.

Like I said month's ago, she needs to drop the weght, she hasn't and THAT shows that she doesn't care what she looks like, and in view of the fact that her friend and previous employer died last week of stroke related complications, you'd think she'd wise up, healthwise at least.

"Fuc the Rock babe, I want the Roll." (KR)

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 4, 2005 14:42

Madonna was the first women in music with the ability to sell herself like nobody else.
Everybody knows she can't sing, she needs dozens of producers and writers, she can't dance,... but she knows what to do to become popular.

Actually I have no problems with Madonna, only with the people saying that she's the queen of pop and that's she's the greatest ever. She doesn't deserve any credit when it comes to music.
She has some good songs, but I think she only writes some lyrics.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 4, 2005 15:21

The gain of weight might be a sign of age. I mean, this isn't the Steel Wheels tour anymore is it. I don't think it's alarming as yet.

I mean she's in her forties right? I hope she keeps her mind together and not start getting doctors and trainers working to keep youngsters drooling over her at that age.

Because she's really getting too old to be drooled over.

As long as she doesn't loose those huge, big ol', fat, @#$%& bouncing basketballs of hers it's all right with me!

winking smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 4, 2005 15:49

What's wrong with Lisa?! To me, she's still sexy!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 4, 2005 15:52

Many of the greats aren't exactly petite...Bessie - Mahalia - Aretha - Etta.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lisalover ()
Date: July 4, 2005 16:23

Oh man....did't recgonise her

But....wow what a sexy lady!!!!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 4, 2005 19:47

lets hope lisa tours with madonna and leaves the stones stage for good
not that she is not good , but its enough already, the stones need a change

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 4, 2005 19:56

She made at least 1 solo album SKINNY & it wasnt a hit. And she's been w/ the Stones 16 years & who cares if she's gained weight? - I noticed during Licks (& maybe even NS in 99) there was less sexy dress/play than before. Remember the great, underrated Sarah Dash (a Wino, Labelle, Bluebell too) wasnt skinny on the Keith tours.Hell anybody complaining about Darryl's weight?

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 4, 2005 19:56

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lets hope lisa tours with madonna and leaves the
> stones stage for good
> not that she is not good , but its enough already,
> the stones need a change

If you want to change back-up singers, I can understand your sentiment, but to go back to growls and howls of 81.....come on.....does anyone really want that? It's a professional musical show......not a garage band playing in your back yard. Any musical help is appreciated. I'm all for turning up the guitars and making them loud again, but I still want the concert to be a musical event.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 4, 2005 21:00

lets take a vote on that, i will take the growls of 81 any day

Date: July 4, 2005 21:11

I'll take the Licks tour, B2B, No Security over the '81-82 tours, despite the quintessentially perfect lineup of Stu, Mac & a sax (not Ernie Watts). The backup singers/horns aren't even up there for a goood chunk of the show (You Got Me Rocking, Midnight Rambler, Street Fighting Man, CYHMK, Dont Stop, Gimmie Shelter, etc) Keith doesnt want to sing backup on stage in recent years. I'd prefer a hornless Before They Make Me Run (among others) & gutars higher in the mix than Leavell. I noticed last night watching the 'free' on demand Stones footage (from the 4Flix set) the guitars are noticeably higher in the mix than I recall (tho havent a/b'd) - both Keith & Ron - & this is as it should be.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: July 4, 2005 21:24

Shawn20 Wrote:
> If you want to change back-up singers, I can
> understand your sentiment, but to go back to
> growls and howls of 81.....come on.....does anyone
> really want that? It's a professional musical
> show......not a garage band playing in your back
> yard.

Well, I would like that the backing vocals were done by Ronnie. After all, aren't the Stones "The Most Expensive Garage Band In The World" ???

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2005 21:41

melillo Wrote:
> lets take a vote on that, i will take the growls
> of 81 any day

at $450 a ticket, I'd insist on them playing in tune, Mick singing decipherable lyrics instead of running around breathless and barking like a rabid dog....and being able to hear the band properly and not have them sound like their sound system is mixed by a baboon

Dont think thats much to expect.

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: July 4, 2005 22:03

I don't need him to sing decipherable lyrics at fast songs, we know them by heart anyway. I rather want him to run around -even if breathless-, cause once he won't be able to do that, it's over. You would really like to see him calm down on stage? I don't believe you. The Stones will never change, the next change will be that they call it quit. And THAT will be something to complain about.

Date: July 4, 2005 22:33

He didnt really 'run around' all that much until the 80s & the advent of the huge stages, so I prefer a more physically contained Jagger singing at least most of the time. I recall hating the 81-82 stage & Bill in his yellow suit half a mile away from the rest of the band (playing great tho) & also prefer the part time return to indoor venues like MSG.

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: July 10, 2005 10:22

i hope the stones play this time with no backing shit.... like the 81/82 tour, wanne hear the riffs voice again.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 10, 2005 10:36

Lisa fisher & Maddy how do ya beat that....lets hope lisa's on this tour

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home