Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Complete Experience
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 9, 2005 20:52

Wagner the German composer tried hard to create and deliver a complete experience. A work of the arts that appealed to all senses. Music that you heard and felt on many levels. "The Ring" was meant among other things to be seen, felt, lived, as much as heard.
I see in countless threads here that we all get this from the Stones too. They might be the only band that gives this. When you star to dress and talk like Keith, play and set you guitars like him, dance like Jagger. When I watch Ladies and Gents I am really not watching it. I am in there. I feel everything. I have read articles where "real writers"d describe in lofty words what the Stones give to them. The way Jagger grabs them by the balls; and it doesn't feel halfbad.
In short - what Oldham said was true. The Stones are a way of life.
I have felt this in other ways too. when I went through my James Ellro phase (the hard phase) I found myself talking his lingo, I dressed like the 50's in LA. I see the Rocky Horror Picture Show, Hedwig &the Angry Inch and by extension the Velvet Underground influencing a bunch of guys and chicas. Liberating them sexually, and needling them with drug implosions.
I like when I get turned on to a new way of thinking by a good band or act.
"Sweeney Todd" by Steve Sondheim provided me with a rich experience. I think I wanted to eat someone for a while. Then I did. LOl
But I really love it when I just get showered in a river of purity. When this experience is what I would consider good. Good-liness.
I watched the movie "Hero" a while back. And it blew me away. now that was a fulfilling experience. Sight and sound.
Any thoughts?

Re: The Complete Experience
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 9, 2005 23:44

Pass that joint over to me, kiddo cause whatever you're smokin must be really great shit!

Re: The Complete Experience
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 10, 2005 06:00

Are we only going to discuss ticket prices?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1420
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home