Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Pink Floyd live
Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: July 3, 2005 20:09

OK it was nice to see them again but seriously, PF live sucks.
I saw them in 1974 and i'll never pay a dime to attempt an other show again while i enjoy listening some CDs
When you play Mozart or Beethoven, you can't change the music because it's written.
Does PF's music written?
During Money,it was hardly difficult to hear something different from the genuine LP "Dark side of the moon" : i know they use tapes but i hope they play something.Happily Waters was not in voice proving most of it? was live.
Also the wall and the circle/sun were ridiculous years later.
Were they in some kind of sarcophagus during 20 years?

Re: Pink Floyd live
Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: July 3, 2005 20:17

At Live 8 they were brilliant!! They´re in a league of their own. Totally unique. Great great band who wrote music history.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 3, 2005 21:33

pile of shite

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: July 3, 2005 21:50

andy js Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > pile of shite

How eloquently put!!!
You ought to try to get a job at the Rolling Stone Magazine.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 3, 2005 21:54

do you know their address ?

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 3, 2005 22:01

I appreciate Pink Floyd, but at Live 8 were not good...

Date: July 3, 2005 22:22

I've always liked PF. But their Live 8 set was sub-par. The hype was so high that their performance was labelled great even before they went on stage. Looks like the marketing whizzes are hoping for a PF tour.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: July 3, 2005 23:29

I thought they were awesome, despite the fact that they stuck to the basics and sounded like the albums. But for me it was awesome that Roger Waters was back to join them. I dont think you can blame them for being a bit off, they havent played together in 20+ years. Its better than the stones who despite playing together so frequently, still sound ragged.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 3, 2005 23:32

It just goes to show how many various opinions people can have while watching the same show. I thought Pink Floyd was great. Keep Mr. Waters away from the microphone....I really enjoyed their set.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: July 4, 2005 00:32

does anyone know where I can view their whole set?

Posted by: wawijr ()
Date: July 4, 2005 00:44

They were fine.

C'mon this whole thing was thrown together very quickly.
What did u expect? Nobody is at their best in these types of shows.
It was cool to see them. Yeah at times it didn't sound like the album.
But they weren't playing the album.
Sounds like people are a touch jaded nowadays.

I thought i saw a Reunion Tour in thier eyes. But in the end maybe just a few shows. There did not seem to be any connection between Roger and David. Like each person was doing their own thing.It looked a little forced but I have not seen much footage of Floyd live so it may have always been like that

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 4, 2005 03:53

I admit to never being a huge Floyd fan BUT I thought they sounded incredible at Live 8. And yes, keep Waters away from the mike! The guitars and drums were very tight and their timing, especially after not alot of practice, was amazing! Sure better than alot of the other crap! Black Eyes Peas???????PLEASE! Where has all the MUSIC gone? That's why classic rock is so appealing to the masses!! Because alot of the current music is so POOR!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 4, 2005 10:56

I thought they was quite good & wouldent be surprised to see a tour coming up?

Date: July 4, 2005 15:40

David Gilmour (spelling?) is a unique example in voice and guitarplay of a an old timer able to keep up with his performances.
Well Jagger's voice is better than ever ; but the guitars from our beloved friends come nowhere neer Gilmour's league .
The Who and Floyd still had the sound of their own.
I wish the stones could ever find it again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home