Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Stones LP on Vinyl?!?!?!
Posted by: captkirk ()
Date: July 2, 2005 00:48

While I'm sure Virgin will have vinyl available for the record, my question is will it be released the same day as the cd or will it be released two weeks later? I will not be sucked into purchasing this on CD to only have to rebuy two weeks later on vinyl. Anyone know the answer and if the commercial single release will have an unreleased track?

Bill

Re: New Stones LP on Vinyl?!?!?!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 2, 2005 04:40

no one even seems to know the title of the album, let alone what songs are on it, the release date or what the single will be (if any), so I think its a bit early to give an answer about the album's various formats and bonus tracks

I would imagine that its a cert that Virgin they will find lots of formats to release it in - CD, vinyl, DVD dualdisc or whatever.

If they can milk the reissues and compilations to death, think what they'll do on what is the Stones' first album for 8 years and their last under their current contract.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 2, 2005 11:39

I've always been able to find new albums on vinyl. They prob. make them for the old dudes who doesn't have the CDs. And that's a very nice gesture too.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 2, 2005 18:15

Some of us collect both. Stripped sounded superior on vinyl - Voodoo Lounge despite a nifty package did not. Forty Licks was the first not to be issued on vinyl - would have been a cumbersome package, w/ 4 lps. If TLC is applied to the mastering, it's imo worth it. Let Classic Records do it (they've done the new Neil Young Hits package, & a ripping version of "My Generation" 2 lps all mono beats the cd set hands down. And any Led Zep fan should hear their amazing all analog catalog - better than the original vinyl & any LZ cds remastered or not - 'Whole Lotta Love has to be heard to be believed.)

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: July 2, 2005 23:35

All Stones issues are out on vinyl apart from R&R Circus and 40 Licks. I would be highly surprised if the new one is NOT out on vinyl. Being a vinylholic I really do hope it will be available in the format of a biiig black round one with a small hole in the middlesmiling smiley

Janrichards
from
www.stonesvikings.com, the home page of NVS

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home