Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jimmy Rip
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: June 20, 2005 22:01

Has anyone heard his disc, Way Past Blue? Is it any good? Mick is on it.
I can't seem to get a song to download from it.

Re: Jimmy Rip
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: June 20, 2005 22:49

yes I love it. You know, it makes me think to Robert Johnson if he was still alive. Anyway, one of the best guitarist ever... (At Webster Hall, with Mick, he's so great...!) Mick on two songs.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: June 20, 2005 22:57

Where can this disc be found, does Jagger get any song writing credits. I do think Jimmy Ripp is good but at times can be a show off.

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: June 20, 2005 23:03

no writing credits for Mick. One cover of Willie Dixon. The rest for Jimmy.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: June 21, 2005 03:50

I got the disc tonight at a used record(and I mean vinyl) store where I work. Paid $3.99 US and it's the best $3.99 I've spent in a long time (except for that oz of blow I got for $3.95 smiling smiley. Great guitar work. Vocals are mixed pretty cool. The man can play a mean slide. Great chunky rythm guitar for you MT fans as well. Yes, he can be a show off but why wouldn;t you show off on your own disc?

I bought my daughter System of a Down. Pretty weird stuff. Sounds like Hardcore meets the Tubes that was recorded in Turkey or someplace.

My daughter bought me the Gorillaz new disc. Have any of you heard of these guys? Pretty cool. TO me they kind of sound like Beck meets the Kinks who meet Oukast who meet the very early Stones. I read somewhere that they love Keith.

Posted by: mikesnaps ()
Date: June 21, 2005 11:34

Always loved Jimmy's playing. His work on the Jagger solo tours of 1988 is absolutely brilliant. Anyone who has heard the boots of this tour & seen the Japanese/Aussie concerts broadcast on TV can attest to that. Sounds light years better than any Stones live performance since the early 70's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home