Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

the best way to play rolling stones songs
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: June 19, 2005 01:58

to my mind, and I like to play some of those magic songs: to be inspired by them without never imitating them (so ridiculous!) and not to talk about technic too much... let it loose...

Re: the best way to play rolling stones songs
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: June 19, 2005 10:38

You are just a crazy Stones fan! lol And that's a good thing. I think you should e-mail me.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-19 14:16 by RankOutsider.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: June 19, 2005 12:08

You want us to talk about how to play a Rolling Stones song? What do you mean by that?

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: June 19, 2005 12:58

The best way is to play them from the beginning to the end. I´ve made very good experiences with that method during the years.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 19, 2005 13:10

The best way to play them? Let the Rolling Stones play them!

Date: June 19, 2005 14:16

Reptile, hello, I just wanna say the pleasure it's to play (often enough) for myself or some friends those magic songs (memory motel, let it loose ...) and sometimes I'm truely surprised to read intellectual tecnic details about that music which uses only own feeling. Of course I have none lesson to give. Only to share some feelings. Till the next time.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: June 19, 2005 14:20

Shezeboss, very good thread, thank you.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-19 14:29 by RankOutsider.

Date: June 19, 2005 15:41

Do you mean on an instrument or something?

Date: June 19, 2005 15:47

guitar and voice of course..really easy to bring with you anywhere. Under a tree, in front of the sea, or sitting on a stool in a kitchen or living room.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: June 19, 2005 15:56

I've just purchased a six-channel power amplifier from Marantz. It features 150 Watts x 6 channels so I suppose this will be the best way to play Stones songs. It was pretty expensive, $2,599.00, but now I'll get the ultimate sound experience. I'm gonna play it real loud. I'll start with the Singles collection/London Years. Come on!!!

Date: June 19, 2005 16:11

I'd say buy a Fender Telecaster, put in a Gibson PAF humbucker in the neck position, take two Fender amps, tune to open G and pull off the low E string and voila.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 19, 2005 21:14

Since I'm no longer playing in an active band, I have my bass rig set up beside my stereo. Playing along with CDs or videos is fun sometimes. Pop open a cold beer, light up a cigarette, let it dangle from your lips, and jam with the Stones!

Date: June 19, 2005 21:57

I completely agree. One time in my short life I met during five or six years the true musical complicity with a boy who became My best friend. Our language was music. Now, he's so far away, it's real oxygen to play with the most beautifull c.d.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home