Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LIVE 8 concerts on TV??
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 16, 2005 19:29

1985 I saw the the whole LIVE Aid concert in Germanies Free TV. a 16 hour nonstop-party. Great audience in Wembley stadium and Philadelphia. -started exactly 12 am with Status Quos "Rocking over the world"---and the crowd went crazy on this hot Summer day.

Will there be "Live 8" on the TV? All concerts? any informations?

Re: LIVE 8 concerts on TV??
Posted by: Han ()
Date: June 16, 2005 20:12

The Hyde Park concert will be shown on BBC1 and so will the Philadelphia show, as far as I know. I don't see how the European shows happening simultaneously can all be shown, except on their own countries TV - I suppose there may be highlights of the others later, It will be interestering to see whether people outside the UK who can get the Beeb will watch that instead. Doesn't your national network have a website that will tell you what coverage there will be?

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: June 16, 2005 21:19

If you are in Austria - ATV+ broadcasts 8 hours...

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 16, 2005 21:27

It has been confirmed that BBC will provide the entire concert live on TV, but across BBC1, BBC 2 and BBC 3. BBC3 is only available on cable/satellite. I imagine they will start off with the opening of the show on bbc1 (most watched channel) and will continue broadcasting on bbc2 and bbc3 so that bbc1 can still show sports and news etc. This is just a guess. I am going to try and record all of it onto high quality vhs cassettes to keep (dont have a dvd recorder yet!).

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 16, 2005 21:41

----and on german TV????

Posted by: davido ()
Date: June 17, 2005 00:54

I'd suspect Stones from Toronto will again
prove easy to bootleg.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 17, 2005 01:05

after watching the press conference that announced it, as far as I recall they said that the show would be broadcast in such a way (presumably using the Interactive facility on the BBC's digital service) that you will be able to access all the shows simultaneously - eg if youre watching the London show and theres someone playing at the Berlin show that you'd prefer to watch instead, you will be able to switch over and watch that concert instead.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: June 17, 2005 01:07

to gazza:

for free?

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 17, 2005 01:17

of course

BBC is a free channel, but only viewers with access to digital satellite/cable in the UK would be able to access their interactive facility

I would imagine if the BBC do that then a similar system will operate on whatever local station youre watching it on

Posted by: Marnix ()
Date: June 17, 2005 01:35

The Dutch TV & Radio will broadcast the complete Live 8 show

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home