Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Clarification needed....
Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: June 15, 2005 13:00

I was talking to a friend of a friend last night who I highly suspect was bullshitting.

He was in a band called 'Sacred Turf' and one of his claims to fame is that he (his band) supported the Stones. He first told me about this (not in detail) a few months ago, but I was pissed, so last night I decided to quiz him. The story goes as follows:

It was circa 1997 and he claims that his band (Sacred Turf) were supporting 'Big Country' who, in turn, were supporting the Stones (so a kind of 3rd on the bill kind of scenario). I asked when this was and after a few 'ums' and 'aahs' he said "about 1997". As soon as he said that, I called bullshits to myself. Then he carried on and said that this event happened in Cornwall Colliseum and that it was some sort of record company shindig.

For one, did the Stones make it to the UK on the B2B tour in '97 or was it summer '98? Secondly, why the hell would a record company throw some sort of bash in Cornwall and not London? Thirdly, were the Stones EVER supported by Big Country?

Now, I know some people here know a shed load more about details on the Stones than me, but can anyone shed any light on this?

Re: Clarification needed....
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 15, 2005 13:03

Big Country opened at some European shows in 95 and 98.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 15, 2005 13:24

This is BS. The Stones did not play in the UK in 97 or 98.

I did have the misfortune to suffer Big Country as the opening act in Germany and Holland in 95 and 98.

A friend of mine told me he knew some one in a blues band that was opening for the Stones in 98 (before the show was rescheduled) at Brands Hatch with BB King. That was BS too.

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: June 15, 2005 14:29

Hmmmmmmmmm..... I thought so.

Thanks for the info. Anyone else have anything to add??

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 15, 2005 14:42

There was a 1st band before BC in Luxembourg in 95.
I never had the name of the band, but I think it was a local band from Luxembourg, or maybe Belgium...

BC also opened Den Haag in 98 (along with a few other shows, but I can't remember any other opening act in Den Haag

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1160
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home