Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Great Quote
Posted by: SpanishTony ()
Date: June 13, 2005 20:36

I am not sure where I got this quote as I wrote it down awhile ago but it strikes me as funny but true....

"Jagger's Myth is possible thanks to a biological miracle: Keith Richards is still alive. The Stones Empire is painstakingly controlled by the singer, but depends on the dark alleys walked by the guitarist."

Re: Great Quote
Posted by: martingo ()
Date: June 14, 2005 05:30

i think that may have been true 15 years ago and prior.

But I think whatever creative force there is left now in the Rolling Stones is generated by Mick Jagger.

Re: Great Quote
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 14, 2005 12:59

martingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think that may have been true 15 years ago and
> prior.
>
> But I think whatever creative force there is left
> now in the Rolling Stones is generated by Mick
> Jagger.

That's true, but "Jagger's myth" and Mick's role as the frontman of The Rolling Stones (and the image of very band itself) is very dependent of Keith's existence and 'street credibility', although the latter is a myth nowadays too. It's that yin & yang dependence between Mick & Keith.. And after witnessing his solo career to fail Jagger painfully knows that himself too.

That's strange with Jagger - although being the greatest frontman ever, artistically always creative force and a charismatic person per se, he just can't make it by himself.

- Doxa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home