Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Beacon a Lock?
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 12, 2005 07:26

They are going wild over at Shidobee, someone has a tip the Beacon is a lock for Sept 17. The problem is that Stagecrew, a supposedly reliable source, as the tickets going at $1500 face!

We are all about to be raped by the Midnight Rambler it appears! Any thoughts or rumours confirming or denying any of this? I keep hoping for news on the Pallidium, and tho I coud afford it, I don't think even I am crazy enough for $1500 face value tickets.

Re: Beacon a Lock?
Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: June 12, 2005 08:17

The good news is I guess that they will not be selling hot-seats for this event. It means that we get to pay like 1500 bucks instead of let's say $4000. If the price is correct I wonder how much the scalpers will be able to charge? $8000 or what.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 12, 2005 08:24

we all have our limits - mine is somewhere way below $1,500. Shame on the Stones (if true) for royally screwing their most loyal fans...

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: June 12, 2005 11:46

I think the information is wrong. The show will happen but not at the alleged crazy price.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: June 12, 2005 12:13

I thought at the press conference Michael Cohl said all theatre seats would be $50? That's a long way from $1500!

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: June 12, 2005 13:01

I hope for the fans in NYC that it isn't $1500, that would be very, very sad

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 12, 2005 13:41

Regular club (theatre) shows are 50 dollars, as Michael Cohl said at the press conference. Then they usually sell one or two shows per tour to private interests, like Pepsi Co Hawaii 1998 or Hard Rock Joint 1998 and 2002. That might happen on this tour as well, like once again Joint or Borgata, with 1500 dollars tickets. If that happens then you are guaranteed the most boring Stones show ever with VIP's only who can't tell the difference between JJF and BS. They will be there to be seen only. That is why they charge 50 dollars for the other ones, which will be NY and LA as far as I understand. The rumoured dates are listed on the IORR tour dates pages.

There will NOT be many clb shows on this tour. Probably only 2 or 3 in USA. If you don't count the rehearsals shows. I would NY and LA, with a small opening for SF, just a slim chance. I would not call The Joint and Borgata club shows, a much better name is VIP shows. If you takin into account ticket price and value of the show for a real fa I am not sure if I would pay that much. After all you can see 5-10 real great shows for the price of 1500 dollars.

Bjornulf

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: June 12, 2005 15:33

saw roseland for 50 bucks in 02,i was 10 feet from the band.once in a while dreams come true.that was face.

john scialfa

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 12, 2005 15:54

I think the rumor mill is up and running with this $1500 ticket for the Beacon. The press would have a negative Stones story field day with that. I don't think ALL theater tickets would cost that much, maybe some special package deal only. I know I would not pay it either way.

Posted by: ripthisjoint ()
Date: June 12, 2005 18:33

what the big deal ?? 20 songs at $75 each = $1500

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: June 12, 2005 19:22

I have been adding my share of fuel to the fire over on Doug's Board because I do believe that it's possible for the tickets to cost $1500 face value based on what I've seen so far! I am not proud to say I paid $450 for a Sec B row 15 seat at Fenway which I may be selling by the way! I AM REALLY MAD! I have never REALLY been angry with the band before this tour but I agree with most of the posts on Doug's site; you should all check it out.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: June 12, 2005 21:15

BTW the Boston Herald had an item about blocks of 'on stage' seats being auctioned of various charities (different ones in different cities)

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 12, 2005 22:13

Debra: What is Doug's link? I know you are pissed. If you have two tickets, sell ONE but go and you use the other. You've put yourself thru enough already.

Date: June 13, 2005 03:11

Hey there SHATTERED, I only bought ONE Ticket for Fenway because no one else I know will pay the outrageous prices! You can get to Shidoobee with Stones Doug by entering www.ezboard.com Lots of great stuff there, valueable information shared by a great bunch of Stones fans, like here! Enjoy it!

Date: June 13, 2005 03:13

SHATTERED, I just typed in EZBOARD.COM and it's the long way into the site. Just go to SHIDOOBEE.COM

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 13, 2005 16:24

Ok, thanks.......

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: June 13, 2005 20:21

Calm down, everyone. Club shows will NOT be $1500. Whoever said they would be is either grossly misinformed, making a joke or just trying to rattle people. In all likelihood, they'll be priced similar to the last tour, which were $50.

Ironically, though, they'll be just as hard to get at $50 than they would be at $1500.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 13, 2005 20:55

I'm just hoping BV gives us at least a week lead time on the Toronto club gig (before the tour). I would like to fly there (I'm in San Diego), but would need a little time to A: make arrangements & B: ensure I get there in time to get in line & get in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1296
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home