Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

15 years ago !!!
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 10, 2005 17:46

15 years ago the Stones were giving their first Concert in Portugal!
The Beautiful Stadium Jose Alvalade received them, and what a concert!!It was and still is our National Day (10 June) but that day turned The Rolling Stones day. Its was off course a sold out concert. I can remember when the gates open everybody just started to run to get the best place near the stage, and some of the roadies just saying for us to take it easy. Everybody was on high spirit. Everybody next to me was inviting everybody for a drink or a smoke and even food, without even knowing each other! When the Stones finally started the concert, with Start me Up, Portugal was never the same musically speaking.!! I have the best memories from that concert! Hope to see them again here this tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-10 17:53 by Riffbuk.

Re: 15 years ago !!!
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 10, 2005 19:25

Did you go to Coimbra in 2003? I just loved that show. One of the best of the LICKS tour, and that convinced me I had to get back next time they played Portugal. I wondered what took them so long, and why they did not plan any shows in Portugal for LICKS until it was last minute add-on after the rescheduled shows.

I hope they do the rumoured show in Porto, or even better both Porto and Lisbon. That would be just great!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 10, 2005 20:05

Hi BV!!

Sure I ve was there!!And your review from the concert its a must to any stones fan! The Stones had been 3 times in Portugal 1990/1995/2003 and I was at all the concerts! About the reasons that the concert in Coimbra was an last minute add I think that must have to do with the fact that they didnt know if they had any stadium ready , cause they were tearing down all the stadiums and building new ones for Euro 2004!! I know from reading from an interview that they love to play here, Michael Cohn wife can speak portuguese ,and she said that to an newspaper . If they play here it should be a pleasure to meet you in Portugal

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: June 11, 2005 00:00

I saw them then in 1995 and 2003. I would love to see them back in 1990, but i was not a fan by that time. I discouvered the Stones late that year. I was 15 years old. The Stones changed my life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1077
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home