Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

US overcrowded by RockStars - Who is on top
Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 7, 2005 22:42

Based on NY figures

a) Springteen : 4 NJ Stadiums
b) U2 : actual - 8 MSG
c) Stones : estimate : 3 MSG - 1 Giants
c) Macca : actual - 4 MSG
d) Coldplay

Is this the real hierarchy !!!!

I was surprised that The Stones divided by 2 their anticipated audiences in Texas. What I fear is that they will encounter some diificulties in Europe as Germany and Netherlands, fans base in the last 2 Tours, will be emmbedded by the football worldcup.

Re: US overcrowded by RockStars - Who is on top
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 7, 2005 23:34

i said this long ago.---The Stones will have problems in fact of their ticket--sales in Europe. Especially in Germany and the netherlands , becauase of of the world--cup.. 3,2 Millions of tickets are sold . Wheres the money to buy tickets for the STONES? This time they would buy tix for socker in Europe.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: June 8, 2005 14:26

I don´t agree:

Stones toured Europe in 82, 90, 98 with a World Cup running and all was sold out...!

Date: June 8, 2005 15:18

The big difference is that it takes place in Germany ( Netherlands) . In France in 98, The Stones who were far more popular than now ( in terms of attracting audiences) did a flop due for most part by the Worldcup at the same time. So, I presume that the Stones will be able to perform at the best half of the 2003 shows in those 2 countries. Moreover if Ticket prices are as high as currently in the US. Maybe, we will have more shows in other european countries wchich will mean travelling for the good.

Posted by: joelle ()
Date: June 8, 2005 17:23

I am not convinced that the Football World Cup may jeopardize so much ticket sales for the Stones... Not every single football fan loves the Stones... and not every single Stones fan loves football... wink...

Regarding France in 1998, I went to the gig at Stade de France in Paris and the stadium was full(80,000). Tickets had been sold very quickly months ago...
I did not have the impression of a "flop"...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 8, 2005 17:36

marquess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don´t agree:
>
> Stones toured Europe in 82, 90, 98 with a World
> Cup running and all was sold out...!

Not every show was sold out, Italy was a mess (saleswise) in 1990.

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: June 8, 2005 18:27

Rock and roll and football have not a lot in common.

And for the WC which will takes place in June in Germany, people have already bought their tix...so even if some Germans wwant to see the WC and the Stones they will have enough time to save money for the Stones shows winking smiley

to come back to 1st post of "phd" I fully disagree.
Classifying R & R band with audience stats of shows in NYC .... I don't think R&R is limited to NYC !!! and is not limited to any audience stats !!!
as an example :

For The Stones in France in 2003 there were 145.000 people
Springsteen in 2003 : 55.000 people
U2 : 190.000 people
Bowie in 2003 : 30.000 people

What does this mean phd ????

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: June 8, 2005 18:30

The Stones have brought the blues to white people in the 60's.
What have brought the u2 best sellers to the art of R & R ?

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: June 8, 2005 18:41

Well phd, you probably don't have a phd...

"The big difference is that it takes place in Germany ( Netherlands)". Are you suggesting this is the same country???

During Licks they played many venues not suited for football, such as Hockenheim, Oberhausen (okay, this one was also not suited for a rock concert, but that's another question).

Italy was problematic in the 1990's with sales, it took until Licks before they returned to Italy (1998 was cancelled due to health problems).

Sjouke

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: June 8, 2005 21:22

Another reason Euros might be in short supply next year......

BERLIN - A German city is rushing to install a series of drive-in wooden “sex huts” in time for next year’s soccer World Cup and an expected boom in the local sex trade, a city official said on Wednesday.

Dortmund, one of 12 cities to host World Cup matches, is anxious to keep prostitutes and their clients off the streets by providing them with discreet places to do business.

Experts estimate as many as 40,000 prostitutes may travel to Germany to offer their services to fans during the tournament.

“The World Cup has put us under added time pressure, as we don’t want a situation where prostitutes and their clients disturb residential areas,” the official said.

Date: June 8, 2005 21:34

We all know about the sane competition between Germany and Netherlands. It is like France and french-talking Switzerland and Belgium. Europe is made of this.
As for Edith_Grove, you just confirm that if the Stones have the will not to promote some ( 1/25 ) of audience capacity at an undecent price ( Isn't absurb in job sinistral areas like Illinois...), they will easily fill the stadiums or arenas. Look at U2 or Springsteen. What I hope for the boys in the band and with a specific thought in mind for Charlie is that the European leg will not transform into a sad way out. Now what could reverse the trend . To my perspective : great first shows and a great album.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 8, 2005 21:39

if they charged less they'd sell more tickets

pretty logical really

but do they care ?

Date: June 9, 2005 14:01

I guess they will have to care. But the question is : what should have been the fair value of a Stones Ticket to sell out all the shows in the US.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home