Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Last tour but last album?
Posted by: sladog ()
Date: June 3, 2005 02:43

I know...I know...we don't know if this is the last tour but when they DO stop touring, think they will still make records?

Re: Last tour but last album?
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 3, 2005 03:14

not the last tour or album in my opinion

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 3, 2005 05:18

yes

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 3, 2005 05:25

Yeah, why in Earth´s name would they stop makin studio albums?

I hope there are more enthusiastic fans on other boards than on this one & spread all around the worlds in various places - otherwise it would be had for the Stones to gather inspiration to go on touring.

But judging from the US tix market there seem to be good sales.

I still believe BTW that they will pop up on Live8 as a promo thing, and a surprise. (Hush-)Dont tell anyone, but remember where you heard it.

Posted by: Pedro99 ()
Date: June 3, 2005 05:30

In 1989 I went to see the Stones in their last tour I have seen them on four tours since Vodoo, B2B, No Security, Licks. However deep in my heart I truly believe this is it. I can see them doing shows once in awhile but no more full scale tours. I don't see why they would not release more albums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-03 05:32 by Pedro99.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 3, 2005 06:36

yeah i went to the last tour back in 81, wish they would make a comeback

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 3, 2005 09:31

ahh yeah, what a freakin blessing that would be: another Stones tour!!

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Hang Fire ()
Date: June 3, 2005 09:52

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, why in Earth´s name would they stop makin
> studio albums?
>

Because they've stopped makin (new!) albums for over eight years now!

'In the sweet old country...'

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: June 3, 2005 12:48

"This could be "The Last Time", I don't know. Oh no!" No, these "up and comming young men" will probably go on, as long as they feel comfortable with performing, playing their music.. And judging from the happy smiles on their faces during the LICKS tour, and comments, even from Charlie (Happy Birthday, Charlie!), they've never enjoyed touring/performing more than on the last tour. Charlie was happy to be in a band with great musicians and great friends, such as Lisa Fischer and Blondie, if I remember correctly. My strong guess is: They'll go on, and they'll tour, record and enjoy themselves. This is also my deepest wish!

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: June 3, 2005 12:59

Ok, again....this thread is not really about this being about "is this the last tour" but more about IF it is, do you think they will still make albums.

I sure hope they do. In fact, if it came down to a choice, I would pick an album over a tour.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 3, 2005 15:16

I would be very surprised if there will be another studio album after this one.

They're out of contract after this new record, and with their lack of productivity you cant imagine them signing a 3-album deal, lets face it.

maybe they'll do a short term contract with options on their back catalogue and unreleased material as the attraction for the record company, but I cant see too many more studio albums.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: June 3, 2005 15:24

The contract is not the problem in my opinion.
Distributors are not that important any more in the music industry - the Stones can record everywhere, as we can see on the new album that was recorded in Mick's chateau. And they could very well promote their album on their own and distribute it via their website, cutting out the record companies and distributers.
That would be very cost effective and therefore an argument Mick would like smiling smiley)

The real problem is, as Gazza said, their lack of productivity...but perhaps we will see them getting together when they feel like it, recording a couple of songs and put them on the website. I'd consider that a good idea.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: June 3, 2005 17:26

This might be the last world tour, if they feel too tired after it. They can still record new albums then though, promoting them by the strategic TV show appearance.
Most likely, another live album might come out when the tour is over for Xmas next year.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 3, 2005 18:49

if a new album comes out after this it would likely just be leftovers from recent sessions...sometimes that works out well, too (Tattoo You).

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: June 4, 2005 00:46

They have done quite much new stuff for the new album, so there will be quite much leftovers for other albums ....

They will defintely make more albums...... _ I don't kow if it will be like Beatles, who is making a new album out of every new tune they discover..... that's more a moneymachine than reality......

But that's Macca - poor old gready guy..... doesn't know where to stop in sense of money....... probabaly he wnats to buy back M.Jacksons right to the Beatles songs.......

Date: June 4, 2005 02:26

Can't see Keith stopping

Date: June 4, 2005 03:32

why?

More than any other member of the band, hes been creatively inactive for over a decade, going by his lack of released output in that time (about 6-7 Stones songs and no solo work)

For a few years its been more a case of "cant see Keith getting started"....

Date: June 4, 2005 03:35

country honk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They have done quite much new stuff for the new
> album, so there will be quite much leftovers for
> other albums ....
>

have they? We dont know that for sure

Several half finished ideas or abandoned songs doesnt necessarily mean songs will be used for future projects.

And if finished songs are left off albums, they're usually left off for one simple reason - theyre not very good.

They might have been able to get away with working on leftovers in 1980-81, but an album of Rolling Stones outtakes from 2002 to 2005 which werent good enough for official release in the first place doesnt sound like much of a classic to me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2005 04:25

Believe me it ain't over yet...Recording wise or tour wise.

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1387
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home