Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: X - The Band
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 2, 2005 19:16

Anyone here pick up the new X DVD...HOT!

Anyone catching X at any of the upcoming gigs? I'll be at the Agora Hills gig & the San Diego gig.

Re: OT: X - The Band
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: June 2, 2005 19:27

I once snogged Exene when she jumped off the stage on top of me in London back in the 80's but thats another story.............

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: June 2, 2005 19:29

mnbjkh

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: June 2, 2005 19:30

Great band. Will be on the lookout for East Coast dates.

Think I'll hold back on the "snogging" though. She's got to be a little rough looking these days. :-)

Karl

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: June 2, 2005 19:39

X is performing at the Pacific Amphitheatre on July 15. Tickets were selling for $19.99 when I bought mine several weeks ago, and that includes admission to the Orange County Fair.

Date: June 2, 2005 21:14

Yeah, that looked like a big scene...esp. since they are playing with the Plimsouls.

Regarding East coast...don't count on it...they almost never leave CA.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2005 21:34

X was a special Punk band when they first came out. I was fortunate to see them a few times c. 1980. and have their first two albums autographed by all members by waiting in line with hordes of fans at the local record store.They could write songs as well as play their instruments. Exene's off-key singing gave them the essential punk element, and DJ Bonebreaks drumming was like a monster truck festival pounding away at full throttle. Billy Zoom was like a blonde-haired Elvis, a rockabilly guitar shredder that gave all of us guitarists something to appreciate. And John Doe's bass always held down the fort.

But when Billy Zoom left the band after the first few albums, something went wrong...they softened up and almost sounded like R.E.M., or some other lame new-wave band. It was all downhill from there. Thankfully they have seen the light and Billy Zoom is back with them. Are there any new recordings or rumors of a new album? I'd be anxious to find out.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: June 2, 2005 21:55

I don't know if you California guys are Kraftwerk fans or not, but they're playing Monday at the Greek Theater. I saw them Tuesday night in DC, and last year in Germany, and they were fantastic. Rad-i-o-ac-tiv-i-ty, is in the air for you and me. What a hoot!

Karl

Date: June 2, 2005 23:09

They have put out a few newer albums with Billy Zoom. Also, I think they were still quite tight when Dave Alvin joined the band.

As far as anything new coming out...The Knitters are working on a new album due out in August.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home