Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Pleased to meet you!
Posted by: Eilert ()
Date: May 27, 2005 13:01

I was thinking about Rock n' Roll Cirkus the other day and how good it is when rock stars are thin. Why is that? Is it because rock stars are supposed to be something unreal/fantastic to look up to or do they make better music when they're hungry instead of fat and pleased?

I'm fat and bald and I wouldn't wanna see me onstage!

Can you guess my name? Mick is still thin, good! Maybe he doesn't care about music like he used to but he still looks a bit hungry..

Re: Pleased to meet you!
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: May 27, 2005 13:18

hello to you! I think mick live above all for music. If we listen to goddess we can hear a so passionate and personnal masterpiece. 'll read you soon again, I suppose.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 27, 2005 13:26

Put it that way: I am 46 and envy Mick for his fitness at 61 or at least on the Last Licks Tour. Looking around my office to my collaegues most of them older then me I see grand-greatgrand and other fathers.
Though I am skinny and well and fit to dance, but I would fail doing dancing and singing together (mind you my voice would empty even the empty bottle)

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: May 28, 2005 00:51

Meat Loaf is not thin. And he's a rock singer.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 28, 2005 01:45

Imagine if Mick was over-weight and his stage clothes were an Hawaiian shirt, acid washed denim jeans and white sneakers...!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 28, 2005 15:53

I see hords of people born in the 1940´s around me & they all (well, not my old man though he´s one of ´em) are skin like shoe soles. Think it has to do wioth the food restrictions during the war while they were amll kids, babies or foetuses... Remember they first sound memory Mick & Keith had was the Blietzen.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 28, 2005 17:59

Partly its the English war & post war-era (re RS), part (esp MJ) staying in shape. Other great fat rock stars: Leslie West (Mountain, Vagrants), Solomon Burke, Etta James.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 28, 2005 18:08

john r Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Partly its the English war & post war-era (re
> RS), part (esp MJ) staying in shape. Other great
> fat rock stars: Leslie West (Mountain, Vagrants),
> Solomon Burke, Etta James.

Not the ones I know they aint.
And Keith´s image of staying in shape is
juice in the vodka, and carrying of the guitar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1378
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home